Get ready for cooler weather and soup season with this awesome list of Instant Pot soups! Find creamy soups, hearty soups, Paleo soups, and more!
The links below may be affiliate links, meaning I earn a small compensation at no extra cost to you. See my full disclosure policy here.
I often feel like a broken-record, especially recently because I have been making videos and doing recipe testing for this post, and talking a LOT about soup.
But I can’t help it. Soup is one of my favorite foods to eat, and the fact that my kids love it too means that it is pretty much worth all the hype.
We eat soup at least once a week in our home, even in the summer. Actually once a week is probably more of a summer amount. You can definitely double that for the Fall and winter months. Ahhhh. Just thinking about scarves and fires and listening to Christmas music too early makes me all giddy inside.
There are sooooo many reasons to love soup, but I’ve narrowed it down to five. You can thank me for my self-restraint later.
- VARIETY. You can make soup from just about any combination of things you pull out of the panty and fridge. Rice or pasta or lentils or barley. Chicken or sausage or bacon or beef or meatless. Not to mention, all the vegetables that can easily be turned into a delicious creamy concoction.
- FRUGAL. Which (the aforementioned reason) is why soup is so budget-friendly! The incredibly versatile nature of soup means that you can use what you have on hand and avoid unnecessary trips to the store. Plus, soups are notoriously great for stretching meats and making the most of inexpensive vegetables (I’m talking about you potatoes, carrots, and onions).
- EASY. Soup was always easy, but now that I’m using my Instant Pot exclusively for soup, it is ridiculously easy to throw together a quick soup. Seriously, if you aren’t riding that train yet, getting an Instant Pot just for soup is completely reasonable.
- TASTY. I mean, if it wasn’t tasty, the fact that soup is so frugal and easy would be considerably less exciting. But soup is delicious, so we’re okay.
- FREEZER-FRIENDLY. This one doesn’t need to be explained much, except to say that making a big batch of soup and freezing it for later is a no-brainer. Or, just dump a bunch of soup ingredients in a ziplock bag and freeze it for later– just take it out and dump it in the Instant Pot for an even easier meal idea. (Check out this plan to stock your freezer with Instant Pot soups!)
Okay, I am almost ready to get to the good stuff. AKA SOUPS YOU SHOULD BE MAKING THIS FALL.
Before the list, though, there are a couple other things to mention.
First, and perhaps most importantly, chicken broth. It is SO easy to make it at home, and healthier too. Oh, and it can save you a ton of money on your grocery bill. Just do it. (Here’s how to make it in an Instant Pot or and how to make it in a crockpot).
Second, bread. Of course, this part isn’t mandatory like broth. So if you’re gluten-free or low carb, feel free to ignore the next couple of sentences. BUT, if you like to enjoy the grains like we do, then why not plan for fresh bread with your soup???
A few of our favorites are:
- One-hour French bread (two loaves, one hour, SERIOUSLY)
- Everything Dinner Rolls in the Instant Pot (2 hours, 15 soft and perfect dinner rolls)
- Cheesy drop biscuits (quickest and easiest)
- Cornbread in a cast iron pan (recipe from this cookbook).
Really, you just need an Instant Pot, but these are my favorite things to recommend to make cooking easier and less of a chore.
- Instant Pot (I have a DUO, DUO PLUS, ULTRA, and a MAX). The MAX is newest and barely tested, so the ULTRA is still my favorite for now. Here is a comparison of the DUO and ULTRA if you’re wondering what the differences are).
- Immersion Blender (Several of the soups are pureed, and the immersion blender makes the job soooo easy).
- Good chef’s knife. (Since you’ll be slicing and dicing, a good knife makes a big difference. If you don’t enjoy cooking, maybe it’s time for a good knife).
12 Must-Have Instant Pot Soups for the Fall
Butternut Squash & Apple Soup
We love this soup with grilled cheese sandwiches or drop biscuits! It’s an excellent source of vitamins and a great lunch soup.
Chicken Salsa Soup
Whenever I have just a cup of homemade salsa leftover, I make this soup. Don’t forget to top it with a dollop of homemade Greek yogurt!
Potato Corn Chowder :: The Typical Mom
Sausage & Kale Soup
This is a reader favorite!
(Extra Green) Broccoli & Cheese Soup
This soup gets an extra boost of nutrition and color from the addition of spinach. My kids love it, especially with a handful of croutons on top.
Zuppa Toscana (Paleo, Whole30) :: Wholesomelicious
Filling and tasty!
Creamy Tomato Soup
Canned tomato soup has nothing on this! As easy as it is, you’ll never need to buy tomato soup again.
Comforting Beef Barley Soup :: Little Spice Jar
Oh my, yum!
Honey Roasted Carrot Soup
>>> Watch the cooking video
This recipe was adapted from an oven-roasted version.
Honey carrot soup is a great way to use up carrots in your fridge, and is so nutritious! My kids love it too.
Spicy Sausage & Lentil Soup
This soup really warms you up on a cold night!
Chicken Zoodle Soup :: Diethood
A healthy twist on a classic soup.
Easy French Onion Soup
French onion soup is so much easier to make in the Instant Pot, without sacrificing any of the flavor!
Are you new to the Instant Pot?
Check out this How to Get Started Guide with free printables, simple instructions, and video tutorials!
Want more Instant Pot recipes, tips, and videos?
Click here for more Instant Pot recipes.
Sign up for the weekly newsletter to get new recipes, DIY projects, and encouragement right in your inbox!
Follow This Pilgrim Life on Facebook to catch all the live Instant Pot cooking videos, and check out This Pilgrim Life on YouTube for even more videos!
More like this ::
Don’t forget to PIN and SHARE this list! It helps you to find it again, and helps to support this blog. Thank you!!!
French Onion Soup is so good. I followed the recipe to the tee. So easy and so good. Hubby gave it two thumbs up too.
Zaher r says
What a relief to find all these recipes at one place ! Thank you so very much !