This Instant Pot spicy sausage and lentil soup is intense and hearty, made with andouille sausage, lentils, and chopped vegetables, Plus, it is quick and easy to make in your Instant Pot!
This soup is amazing. It’s a powerhouse of flavor and not too shabby on the nutrition scale either.
Sausage. Veggies. Lentils. Broth. DONE.
We had this soup for dinner tonight with generous slices of hot, buttered cornbread.
And, just to be all “real life” and honest here, we ate our soup and bread around the kitchen island while watching a movie. Sunday nights are great for movies and quick dinners, don’t you agree? Plus, our table is currently hidden under sewing miscellanea, homeschool materials, and snap circuits. If you throw in a few goldfish crumbs and a couple of empty glasses, then you should be able to pretty accurately picture the current state of my dining room.
But back to the topic at hand. Instant Pot spicy sausage and lentil soup.
This soup doesn’t hold back on the flavor, or the kick-scale. (Is that a thing? I just usually tell my kids certain food has a “kick” to it so they won’t freak out over the word “spicy”. We are busy training palates here).
I will admit that it may be a leeeeetle premature for this particular soup here in North Carolina though. This soup is definitely a warm-you-up kind of soup. Even so, I am too busy over here pining for Fall that I don’t even care. Turn the ceiling fan on high, pass me more cornbread, and give me a second helping please!
By the way, if you don’t already have a cornbread recipe you LOVE, then let me recommend the one in the Cook It In Cast Iron cookbook. It’s amazing and doesn’t take very long to throw together. What’s more, you can get both the cookbook and a 10″ cast iron pan (we highly recommend these!) for less than it cost to eat out at the restaurant that inspired this recipe. #perspective
Prefer a stovetop version? Find one here.
An intense and hearty soup made with andouille sausage, lentils, and chopped vegetables, easily cooked in your Instant Pot!
- 2 andouille sausage
- 1/2 large onion, diced
- 3 medium carrots, chopped
- 1 C chopped mushrooms
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 C uncooked lentils
- 1/2 tsp ground cumin
- 1 tsp kosher salt
- 1 14.5oz can diced tomatoes
- 3 C chicken broth
- Turn the Instant Pot on Saute and heat 1 Tbsp olive oil. Add the sausage once the pot is hot and brown on both sides. While the sausage is browning, chop the vegetables and add each (onions, carrots, and mushrooms) to the pot once they are ready.
- Add the remaining ingredients to the Instant Pot (lentils through broth). Cover the Instant Pot, turn the valve to sealing, and cook the soup for 20 minutes on high pressure.
- Quick release the pressure. Remove the sausage from the pot and slice into 1/2 inch pieces. Return the chopped sausage to the pot and serve immediately.
What’s been cooking in your Instant Pot recently?
THE LINKS ABOVE MAY ALSO BE AFFILIATE LINKS, MEANING I EARN A SMALL COMMISSION AT NO EXTRA COST TO YOU. I APPRECIATE YOUR SUPPORT OF THIS SITE!