My kids love this soup! This Instant Pot honey carrot soup is so easy to make and only uses staple kitchen ingredients. It’s perfect with a slice of bread, grilled cheese sandwich, or slice of banana bread!
Spring weather has finally arrived! In the past week, the weather has been sunny and warm (read: amazing) and we have spent almost half our time outside everyday.
This has meant picnics on the days we venture to the park or to the zoo, and trays of food carried out to the picnic table or hammock in our backyard on the days we stay home. If the weather is nice, you will find us outdoors. This is partly for my sanity (five kids do not seem half as noisy when they’re outside) and partly for our health (sunshine is good for the body and mind).
The warmer weather does not stop us from enjoying soup, though. A hearty chili may not sound very appealing, but we still love to eat blended soups and other veggie rich soups all through the spring.
This honey carrot soup has been a go-to for years. The soup is made up of simple ingredients that we always have on hand. Carrots? Check. Onions? Check. Honey? Check. Broth? Check.
We like to top our soup with a dollop of plain Greek yogurt (homemade in the Instant Pot, of course). The soup is good on its own, but even better with a slice of one-hour French bread, grilled cheese sandwiches made with homemade bread, or a piece of buttered banana bread.
A quick and easy soup that is both healthy and a family favorite! Serve alone or with a slice of buttered bread or grilled cheese sandwich.
- 6 medium carrots, cut into 2-inch pieces, about 10 cups
- 1/2 C diced yellow onion
- 2 Tbsp honey
- 1 tsp kosher salt
- 1/4 tsp ground nutmeg
- 2 C low sodium chicken broth
- 1 C water
- plain Greek yogurt for topping
- Combine all the ingredients in the Instant Pot starting with the carrots, except for the yogurt.
- Put the lid on the Instant Pot and set the cook time for 3 minutes high pressure. After the cook time is finished, quick release the pressure.
- Use an immersion blender or transfer the hot (be careful!) mixture to a blender. Blend until smooth.
- Serve immediately with a dollop of plain Greek yogurt if you like (we do!).
Sharing is caring! Don’t forget to pin and share. Thank you!
Want more Instant Pot recipes and tips???
Click here for more Instant Pot recipes.
Find the Video Recipe Index here.
Sign up for the weekly newsletter to get new recipes, DIY projects, and encouragement right in your inbox!
Follow This Pilgrim Life on Facebook to catch all the live Instant Pot cooking videos!