Welcome to This Pilgrim Life! I’m so glad you stopped by!
Why a pilgrim life?
Living a “pilgrim life” means recognizing that this world is not our ultimate home and that we are living for something much greater than just the here and now. My hope is that you will find beauty, encouragement, and helpful resources as we do just that!
What can you expect to find here?
Healthy recipes using simple, real ingredients.
- Recipe Index
- Kitchen Tips: Recipe collections, meal plans, recommendations, & more.
- Seasonal Meal Plans & Essential Weeknight Meals for Busy Families in my shop.
Instant Pot help, recipes, & tips from an expert.
- Getting Started with the Instant Pot Guide
- Top 15 Instant Pot recipes of 2018
- My Cookbook: Family Meals from Scratch in Your Instant Pot
Natural living & homemaking ideas from an imperfect homemaker.
- I Choose Comfortable–Escaping the Comparison Trap
- Master Bedroom Makeover: From Cluttered Mess to Cozy Haven
- New Kitchen Reveal
Honest family life from a busy mother of five who just manages to make it to bedtime with sanity in tact.
- Keep Calm and Do the Next Thing
- James’ Story: Loss, Grief, and the Goodness of God
- 10 Transforming Books on Motherhood
Tips and ideas for making home a rich learning environment.
- First Read-Aloud Chapter Books
- 20+ Activity Tray Ideas for Creative, Independent Play
- Why We Homeschool
Tutorials and ideas with simple, easy steps for the home and the whole family.
A little more about me…
I am firstly a follower of Christ. This means I love Jesus and am wholly dependent on His mercy and grace in everything.
I am married to my best friend. I am so blessed to be his wife. It’s not always easy, but it is always good.
I have six children– three sons, two daughters, and a sweet little boy in heaven. They are a gift and I am very thankful to be home together, working, playing, loving, and mostly surviving the crazy.
I am a creative person (aren’t we all?). How I express that creativity depends on what season of life I am in and who is currently teething/potty training/sick/grumpy/hungry… But when the stars are aligned, my favorite creative pastimes are cooking, sewing, and painting. Often my kids join me in each of these pursuits.
Also I’d love to hear from you! Email me at email@example.com, and don’t forget to subscribe to my newsletter!