This quick and easy recipe for Instant Pot butternut squash apple soup is sure to become a family favorite. It’s healthy, frugal, and so delicious!
I am forever a fan of the convenience of a pot of soup. Especially for a healthy and simple lunch.
Everyday for lunch, I feed a herd of hungry children and a hungry work-from-home husband to boot. So when we are at home (rather than off picnicking somewhere), I typically try to plan for nutritious and filling meals.
We eat a lot of pizzas, plenty of sandwiches, crisp salads, and pots and pots of soup. (I’ve been asked for a post on easy/filling lunch ideas, so that is in the works).
Typically, I try to serve up soup with bread for dipping and wiping up the last streaks in the bowl. If we have sandwich bread on hand, then grilled cheese are a no-brainer. If we don’t have bread on hand, I can easily fall back on a pan of cheesy drop biscuits, or even one-hour french bread.
This soup is made in my Instant Pot, which, of course, means that there is only one cooking dish to clean and I can get it started and walk away and do something else while it cooks. If you don’t have an Instant Pot, you can use these instructions for a stovetop version.
More Soups to Enjoy:
- Honey Roasted Carrot Soup
- Instant Pot (Extra Green) Broccoli Cheese Soup
- Sausage and Kale Soup in the Instant Pot
- Chicken Salsa Soup (Instant Pot version)
- Spicy Sausage and Lentil Soup
Instant Pot Butternut Squash & Apple Soup
This recipe is adapted for the Instant Pot from Simple Bites’ delicious stovetop version.
- 1 tsp extra-virgin olive oil
- 1/2 onion, diced
- 1 butternut squash, peeled and cubed
- 1 large apple, peeled and cubed
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 2 C chicken broth
- 1/4 C heavy cream
- 1 Tbsp maple syrup
1. Saute onion in Instant Pot for 2-3 minutes. Add squash, garlic, apple, and salt. Stir to combine.
2. Pour in 2 cups chicken broth. Cook on high pressure for 4 minutes. Quick release the pressure.
3. Blend the soup. Stir in 1/4 cup heavy cream and 1 tablespoon maple syrup.