This quick and easy recipe for Instant Pot butternut squash apple soup is sure to become a family favorite. It’s healthy, frugal, and so delicious!
- 1 tsp extra-virgin olive oil
- 1/2 onion, diced
- 1 butternut squash, peeled and cubed
- 1 large apple, peeled and cubed
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 2 C chicken broth or stock
- 1/4 C heavy cream
- 1 Tbsp maple syrup
1. Saute onion in Instant Pot for 2-3 minutes. Add squash, garlic, apple, and salt. Stir to combine.
2. Pour in 2 cups chicken broth. Cook on high pressure for 4 minutes. Quick release the pressure.
3. Blend the soup. Stir in 1/4 cup heavy cream and 1 tablespoon maple syrup.
This recipe is adapted for the Instant Pot from Simple Bites’ delicious stovetop version.