Our family loves this meal, and I love how easy it is to make all together in the Instant Pot! Instant Pot meatloaf, whipped potatoes, and dilly green beans make such a quick and easy family meal!
The links below may be affiliate links, meaning I earn a small compensation at no extra cost to you. See my full disclosure policy here.
Being able to cook multiple foods at once is one of the best features of the Instant Pot! This family dinner of meatloaf, whipped potatoes, and dilly green beans is a perfect example.
What used to take multiple pots and pans (and the oven AND the stove) can be done in the Instant Pot at the same time.
Meatloaf happens to be one of my family’s favorite meals– it’s the kind of dinner that you make when you want everyone to eat without complaining but you don’t feel like having hot dogs or boxed mac’n’cheese (other non-complaining go-to’s).
The potatoes cook at the bottom of the pot in a little water. The meatloaf cooks above the potatoes, set on a trivet. You can use a pan or bowl for the meatloaf (I like to use my 7″ springform pan) or you can make a sling out of foil and set the meatloaf in that.
Technically, the beans do not cook with the meatloaf and potatoes, but they take so little time that they can be cooked while the meatloaf finishes under the broiler and the potatoes are whipped with a little butter, salt, and garlic powder.
Instant Pot Meatloaf Family Dinner
It’s really all SO EASY.
I do not list an amount for the green beans. Generally, I simply grab a small handful for each person. The seasoning does not have an amount either. Use a generous amount (more than you think you need) because some of it will fall as the beans are cooked.
Each of the accessories used in this family dinner are ones I highly recommend. (Find them listed below). I only recommend things I love, and I LOVE each of these. They are all multi-purpose, which means I use them often with MANY recipes!
Necessary Equipment ::
While you could make this meal without most of these items, they are each multi-purpose and well worth having on hand!
- 7″ springform pan
- trivet to fit over potatoes
- steamer basket (for the green beans)
- extra inner pot (optional but convenient)
- immersion blender
Instant Pot meatloaf, whipped potatoes, and dilly green beans make such a quick and easy family meal! The meatloaf and potatoes cook together, and then while the meatloaf and potatoes finish, the beans quickly cook in the Instant Pot for just two minutes.
- 1 – 1 1/4 lb ground beef
- 1/2 C panko bread crumbs
- 1/4 C shredded parmesan cheese
- 1 egg
- 1 tsp dried basil
- 1 tsp onion powder
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1 tsp kosher salt
- 1/2 tsp freshly ground pepper
- 4 medium russet potatoes
- 1 1/2 C water
- 2 Tbsp butter
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- salt to taste
Dilly Green Beans
- fresh green beans
- dried dill
- kosher salt
- garlic powder
- Prepare the meatloaf: Combine the meatloaf ingredients in a small bowl and mix together thoroughly with your hands. Press into a “loaf” and place inside pan. (I use a 7″ springform pan). Cover tightly with foil.
- Prepare the potatoes: peel the potatoes and cut into 1″ pieces. Place the potatoes in the bottom of the Instant Pot, then pour in the water.
- Cook the meatloaf and potatoes: Set a trivet in the Instant Pot over the potatoes, then set the meatloaf pan on top of the trivet. Cover the Instant Pot with the lid, set the valve to sealing, and set the cook time for 25 minutes on high pressure.
- Prepare the beans while the meatloaf and potatoes cook: Add your desired amount of green beans in a steamer basket. If you have an extra inner pot for your Instant Pot, you can go ahead and place the steamer basket inside the extra pot and pour in a cup of water. If you do not have an extra pot, wait to add the seasoning until you place the basket in the inner pot. Top the beans with a generous sprinkling of dried dill, kosher salt, and garlic powder.
- After 25 minutes on high pressure is finished, quick release the pressure.
- Finish the meatloaf and potatoes: Remove the meatloaf from the Instant Pot and place under the broiler for 5-10 minutes to crisp the top. Drain the extra cooking water from the potatoes. If you have an extra inner pot, you can use an immersion blender to whip the potatoes right in the pot. If you need to use the inner pot for the beans, simply transfer the cooked potatoes to a serving bowl before blending. Stir in 2 tablespoons of butter, 1 tsp garlic powder, and salt to taste in the whipped potatoes.
- Cook the beans: Cook the green beans (and 1 cup of water) in the now-empty Instant Pot for 2 minutes on high pressure, then immediately* quick release the pressure.
- Serve and enjoy! As soon as the beans finish cooking, serve the meatloaf, potatoes, and beans together.
*Do not leave vegetables in over the cook time or they will overcook.
Sharing is caring! Don’t forget to pin and share. Thank you!
Want more Instant Pot recipes and tips???
Click here for more Instant Pot recipes.
Find the Video Recipe Index here.
Sign up for the weekly newsletter to get new recipes, DIY projects, and encouragement right in your inbox!
Follow This Pilgrim Life on Facebook to catch all the live Instant Pot cooking videos!