Instant Pot meatloaf, whipped potatoes, and dilly green beans make such a quick and easy family meal! The meatloaf and potatoes cook together, and then while the meatloaf and potatoes finish, the beans quickly cook in the Instant Pot for just two minutes.
- 1 – 1 1/4 lb ground beef
- 1/2 C panko bread crumbs
- 1/4 C shredded parmesan cheese
- 1 egg
- 1 tsp dried basil
- 1 tsp onion powder
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1 tsp kosher salt
- 1/2 tsp freshly ground pepper
- 4 medium russet potatoes
- 1 1/2 C water
- 2 Tbsp butter
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- salt to taste
Dilly Green Beans
- fresh green beans
- dried dill
- kosher salt
- garlic powder
- Prepare the meatloaf: Combine the meatloaf ingredients in a small bowl and mix together thoroughly with your hands. Press into a “loaf” and place inside pan. (I use a 7″ springform pan). Cover tightly with foil.
- Prepare the potatoes: peel the potatoes and cut into 1″ pieces. Place the potatoes in the bottom of the Instant Pot, then pour in the water.
- Cook the meatloaf and potatoes: Set a trivet in the Instant Pot over the potatoes, then set the meatloaf pan on top of the trivet. Cover the Instant Pot with the lid, set the valve to sealing, and set the cook time for 25 minutes on high pressure.
- Prepare the beans while the meatloaf and potatoes cook: Add your desired amount of green beans in a steamer basket. If you have an extra inner pot for your Instant Pot, you can go ahead and place the steamer basket inside the extra pot and pour in a cup of water. If you do not have an extra pot, wait to add the seasoning until you place the basket in the inner pot. Top the beans with a generous sprinkling of dried dill, kosher salt, and garlic powder.
- After 25 minutes on high pressure is finished, quick release the pressure.
- Finish the meatloaf and potatoes: Remove the meatloaf from the Instant Pot and place under the broiler for 5-10 minutes to crisp the top. Drain the extra cooking water from the potatoes. If you have an extra inner pot, you can use an immersion blender to whip the potatoes right in the pot. If you need to use the inner pot for the beans, simply transfer the cooked potatoes to a serving bowl before blending. Stir in 2 tablespoons of butter, 1 tsp garlic powder, and salt to taste in the whipped potatoes.
- Cook the beans: Cook the green beans (and 1 cup of water) in the now-empty Instant Pot for 2 minutes on high pressure, then immediately* quick release the pressure.
- Serve and enjoy! As soon as the beans finish cooking, serve the meatloaf, potatoes, and beans together.
*Do not leave vegetables in over the cook time or they will overcook.