Juicy ham with a tangy and sweet honey mustard glaze easily cooked right in your Instant Pot! Use the ham for a simple, tasty dinner, or use it to make these amazing honey mustard ham and pesto melts! You’re going to love this Instant Pot ham!
The links below may be affiliate links, meaning I earn a small compensation at no extra cost to you. See my full disclosure policy here.
Homeschool is in full mode again and since there are now three kids in our little school, plus a toddler and baby to boot, the days are quite full. We’ve been at it for a couple of weeks now and we are just starting to develop a rhythm that works for us in this season. We have yet to start at my goal time (we are rather entrenched in our slow mornings, but we are inching there little by little).
Nonetheless, we are getting through our lessons and are all happy for the return of structure and intentional time that school naturally brings. After a summer FULL TO THE BRIM of cookbook writing and mama working extra hours, it is so nice to sit at the table together with a stack of good books and our watercolors.
One thing that back-to-school season brings with it, whether you homeschool or traditional school, is a schedule that generally allows for much less time in the kitchen. Don’t get me wrong, we aren’t all eating TV dinners over here every night. But I am on the hunt for simple meals that we can rely on when the day is a little too long, or when we just don’t have more than ten or fifteen minutes to spare for prepping lunch.
You can be sure that I will be sharing our favorite simple meals, especially simple Instant Pot ones, in the coming weeks. If time and children allow, fingers crossed, I hope to add another Instant Pot freezer meal to the first and second plans.
Instant Pot Honey Mustard Ham & Pesto Melts
This Instant Pot honey mustard ham is the first up of this season’s new simple meals. Y’all, it doesn’t get much easier than this ham. Or much tastier or more versatile. I’m talking leftovers and new meals for dayyyyyssss. #backtoschoolwinning
The prep for the ham is just a matter of stirring together a honey mustard glaze, putting the ham in the Instant Pot on the trivet (that came with your IP), adding a little water, and pouring the glaze on ham. Easy peasy.
My favorite way to use this ham is in these honey mustard ham pesto melts. Mom tip: make a batch of this super greens pesto (it only takes 5 minutes) to spread on the sandwiches and voila! Vegetable serving. (Yes, you can save 5 minutes and use jarred pesto from the store, but I promise. It’s easy and so good for you).
Make the ham, serve it for dinner one night with some honey ginger carrots, then make honey mustard ham & pesto melts for lunch another day, and then use leftover ham to make a simple yet delicious easy frittata for breakfast another day!
P.S. I bought the ham, bag of super greens, mozzarella cheese, and Hawaiian rolls at Costco. Simple shopping, simple cooking. Check out a price comparison between Costco and Aldi here. You may be surprised at the findings!Print
Instant Pot Honey Mustard Ham & Pesto Melts
- Prep Time: 5 minutes
- Cook Time: 30 minutes
- Total Time: 35 minutes
- Yield: 8-10 servings 1x
Juicy ham with a tangy and sweet honey mustard glaze easily cooked right in your Instant Pot! Use the ham for a simple, tasty dinner, or use it to make these amazing honey mustard ham and pesto melts!
Ham Ingredients :
- 3–4 lb half ham, fully cooked
- 1/2 cup water
- 1/2 cup honey
- 4 tbsp dijon mustard
- 1 1/2 tsp dried thyme
- 1 tbsp dried minced onion
Pesto Melt Ingredients :
- 5 Minute Super Greens Pesto or store bought pesto
- shredded mozzarella cheese
- sweet Hawaiian rolls or bread of choice
- Pour a half cup of water in the Instant Pot, then set in trivet. Place the ham on the trivet.
- Stir together the honey and remaining ham ingredients. Pour a half cup of the honey mustard mixture on top of the ham, rubbing it on the sides and letting most of the mixture pool on top of the ham. Reserve the rest of the honey mustard mixture for a final glaze.
- Place lid on the Instant Pot, turn the valve to sealing, and set the cook time to 30 minutes on high pressure. When the cook time is complete, let the pressure naturally release.
- Carefully remove the hot ham from the Instant Pot. Pour the reserved honey mustard on top of the ham. Place under the broiler for 3-5 minutes until the glaze is browned and bubbling.
- Slice and serve!
Honey Mustard Ham & Pesto Melts
- Cut the Hawaiian rolls in half, then spread pesto sauce on the top half of the rolls. Place a couple slices of thinly sliced honey mustard ham on the bottom half. Add about a quarter cup of shredded mozzarella cheese on the ham and the pesto. Repeat this process for each of the sandwich melts.
- Place the sandwich melts on a baking sheet. Place the baking sheet under the broiler and cook until the cheese is melted and the rolls are just starting to toast, about 3 minutes.
- Fold the melts back together and serve!
This ham is great for dinner with honey ginger carrots and mashed potatoes, too. Use some of the leftover ham for easy breakfast frittatas!
Sharing is caring! Don’t forget to pin and share. Thank you!
[…] Honey Mustard Ham in the Instant Pot […]
[…] Ham with Honey Mustard Glaze :: This Pilgrim Life […]