Easter resources for the whole family, including music playlists, simple craft ideas, books, videos, recipes, and more.
The links below may be affiliate links, meaning I earn a small compensation at no extra cost to you. See my full disclosure policy here.
Post updated Feb. 2021. I updated this post with new ideas and brand-new resources just released this year!
What started with a quick idea to put together a playlist for me to listen to this week, then a thought to share it with y’all, became a huge list of resources for us to put to use during Holy Week.
There are not a lot of frills or pictures in this post. Like I said, it was a last minute decision! But what you will find is a really wonderful list of music, simple activities, videos, books, articles, and more to help you and your family focus on Jesus’s death and resurrection each day.
At the end of this post, there is also a list of delicious recipes that are perfect for a simple Easter dinner.
Check back as I will likely add a few more resources to the list.
Easter Resources for the Whole Family
HOLY WEEK PLAYLIST
I put together a playlist with 50 songs to help us prepare for this week. If you listen without shuffle mode turned on, the songs will be in order for the events of Holy Week.
You can also find the rest of my favorite playlists here.
ANDREW PETERSON CONCERT
Easter Monday concert Live from the Ryman, April 5th
Andrew Peterson’s Easter albums are some of my favorites. While I do wish I was seeing this show in person again, I’m very thankful that live-streaming concerts is an option now. Live-stream tickets for families or churches, and in-person tickets to watch the show at the Ryman in Nashville are available now.
For the Kids ::
- An Expectant Easter from Treehouse Schoolhouse :: I used Lyndsey’s A Connected Christmas curriculum in December and loved it. Having everything laid out for me with hymns, poetry, art studies, crafts, and more was incredible. As she said on Instagram, it’s easy to spend week anticipating Christmas, but Easter often sneaks up on us. This three-week plan will help you prepare for Easter and making learning beautiful all at the same time.
- Holy Week morning time plans from A Gentle Feast :: Another option for one week of daily plans to incorporate a hymn, poem, prayer, Bible readings, and a picture study into each morning of holy week. Do all of it or just some; these plans take the work of planning out of your hands.
- 20+ Adaptable Easter Activities :: lots of variety and creative ideas for kids from SPED Homeschool
- Easter ABC Cards from Tiny Theologians :: I love the resources that Tiny Theologians puts out. These beautiful cards will double as decor and teaching tools.
- The Biggest Story by Kevin DeYoung :: this is one of my favorite Bible picture books. It tells the big picture story of the whole Bible, from creation to the new heavens.
- Resurrection Eggs set :: here is a ready-to-go set of Resurrection eggs to help you tell the Easter story in a tangible way if you don’t want to make your own.
- Naturally Dyed Easter Eggs :: easy project from The Kitchn
- Resurrection Eggs :: make a set of plastic resurrection eggs to tell the Easter story in a hands-on way, from Teach Beside Me
- DIY Wooden Resurrection Eggs :: an easy project to make resurrection eggs (without pieces that can be lost) from Frugal Fun for Boys and Girls
- Salt Dough Easter Tomb :: I love salt dough because it’s so easy to stir together and work with. Here are instructions to make an empty tomb to talk about the Easter story.
- Easter Egg Story Hunt :: a fun indoor literacy activity from Frugal Fun for Boys and Girls
- Easter Cross Activity :: super simple craft using tape and watercolors from Apples & ABCs
JESUS STORYBOOK BIBLE VIDEOS ::
These videos will take you in order through the Holy Week and Easter chapters in the Jesus Storybook Bible.
- Washed with Tears
- The Servant King
- A Dark Night in the Garden
- The Sun Stops Shining
- God’s Wonderful Surprise
- Going Home
Books for Adults ::
- Fifty Reasons Why Jesus Came to Die :: John Piper
- God is the Gospel :: John Piper (daily meditations– would be good as an audiobook to listen to each morning)
- The Gospel Primer :: Milton Vincent (EXCELLENT short read, great to revisit again and again. We have this in paperback and audiobook versions).
- Your Sorrow Will Turn to Joy :: morning and evening meditations for Holy Week (free online download on Desiring God’s site)
- The Cross He Bore :: very highly recommended meditations on the cross and Christ’s sufferings
- To Seek and Save :: daily reflections on the road to the cross. (I’m not saying the audiobook is the only way to go… but I am saying that you won’t regret listening to Sinclair Ferguson read this book).
Online Reading/Listening ::
If you want to skip investing in a new book, there are still plenty of articles, videos, and sermons available for free online. Here are a few I found:
- Holy Week reading plan from Desiring God :: an article to read each day of the week from various DG writers
- Christ Our Hope in Life and Death :: read about this new Easter hymn from the Getty’s
- How to Get Kids As Excited About Easter As Christmas :: great ideas to increase your family’s anticipation of Easter
- Live Stream Tenebrae service, Friday 6:30 CST :: Good Friday celebration at Christ Community in Franklin, TN featuring Andrew Peterson
- Four Things to Teach Your Children this Easter :: excellent article by Christina Fox
- Six Things You Should Know About Holy Week :: video from The Gospel Coalition
Easter Sunday Menu Ideas ::
You may be at home with a smaller group than usual this Easter, but you can still enjoy a delicious, homemade meal to celebrate with your family!
- Amazing 30 Minute Cinnamon Rolls
- Blueberry Orange Breakfast Cake (GF & DF)
- Simple Honey Cake
- Cinnamon Raisin Drop Biscuits (GF)
- Quick Homemade Sweet Bread
- Honey Mustard Ham in the Instant Pot
- Whole Chicken in the Instant Pot
- Rosemary & Parmesan Squash Casserole
- Cauliflower Au Gratin
- Maple Brussel Sprouts with Bacon
- Creamiest Instant Pot Mac’n’Cheese
- Skillet Garlic Green Beans
- Honey Ginger Carrots in the Instant Pot
- Everything Dinner Rolls
- One-Hour Focaccia
Sharing is caring! Don’t forget to pin and share. Thank you!
Leave a Reply