This simple side dish is creamy, cheesy, comfort food! Cauliflower au gratin is quick and easy to make in the Instant Pot, and tastes amazing. Even picky eaters won’t hesitate to ask for seconds!
The links below may be affiliate links, meaning I earn a small compensation at no extra cost to you. See my full disclosure policy here.
Cauliflower is delicious roasted in the oven, a drizzle of oil, a little salt and pepper, maybe a little spice. If you think you don’t like a vegetable, try tossing it on a baking sheet and roasting it until fork tender and brown.
Variety is the spice of life, though, and sometimes you just want something a little different. I give you cauliflower au gratin. Tender cauliflower in a creamy cheese sauce with a crunchy toasted topping. SO GOOD.
We all enjoy this dish, from the toddlers to the grandparents. If you are looking for a way to introduce cauliflower to picky eaters, swap a veggie for a bowl of mac’n’cheese, or simply try something new, give this recipe a try.
The only “special” ingredient is the cauliflower itself, and it can be found at any grocery store or farmer’s market. Before the Instant Pot, I made cauliflower au gratin on the stovetop— still tasty, but it took longer and I ended up with many more dishes to wash.
This dish is perfect for holidays and special occasions, too. It’s simple enough that you aren’t adding any fuss to your preparations, but it’s an excellent way to make this humble vegetable shine.
You could easily make this side dish for a holiday dinner last minute, or prep it ahead of time to reheat later.
Pssst. If you need more inspiration to make your Instant Pot shine during the holidays, I’ve got you covered here. All of these recipes feature classic dishes, made healthier from scratch with less sugar and no processed ingredients!
Here are a few ideas to get you started ::
- Pumpkin Pie Creme Brûlée (Instant Pot recipe)
- Sweet Barbecue Meatballs (Instant Pot recipe)
- Sweet Potato Cheesecake with Dulce de Leche and Pecans (Instant Pot recipe)
- Healthier Green Bean Casserole (Instant Pot recipe)
Creamy, cheesy, comfort food! Cauliflower au gratin is so simple to make in the Instant Pot, and tastes amazing!
- 1 head of cauliflower, about 4–5 C chopped
- 2 Tbsp butter
- 2 Tbsp flour
- 1 C milk
- 1 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp garlic powder
- 1 C shredded cheddar cheese
- 1/4 C panko breadcrumbs
- 1/2 C shredded cheddar cheese
- 1/4 tsp paprika
- Combine the chopped cauliflower in the Instant Pot, along with 1/2 C of water. Cover and seal. Cook on high pressure for 2 minutes. Quick release the pressure. Use a slotted spoon to transfer the hot cauliflower to a baking dish.
- Turn the Instant Pot on to Saute and melt the butter. Use a whisk to mix in the flour, then slowly pour in the milk, whisking the whole time. Add the salt and garlic powder. Heat the milk until it is thick and bubbly, about 2 to 3 minutes. Stir in shredded cheese.
- Immediately pour the cheese mixture over the cauliflower. Combine the panko, paprika, and remaining shredded cheese in a small mixing bowl and toss with a fork. Top the cheesy cauliflower with the breading mixture.
- Place the casserole dish under the broiler until toasted and browned, about 4-5 minutes.
- Serve immediately or keep warm.
This recipe can easily be doubled to serve more people.
Sharing is caring! Help support this blog by pinning and sharing. Thank you!
Want a cookbook FULL of healthy Instant Pot recipes? You can preorder my cookbook now!
Want more Instant Pot recipes, tips, and videos?
Click here for more Instant Pot recipes.
Sign up for the weekly newsletter to get new recipes, DIY projects, and encouragement right in your inbox!