These EASY homemade snack recipes are fun AND healthy! Get recipes for homemade fruit strips with fruit and veggies, homemade chewy gummies with just a handful of ingredients, and a quick (dairy-free!) chocolate pudding.
The links below may be affiliate links, meaning I earn a small compensation at no extra cost to you. See my full disclosure policy here.
Today I’m sharing three (you won’t believe how easy) healthy snack recipes with you! Real fruit and veggie strips, homemade chewy gummies, and dairy-free chocolate pudding.
If you want even more healthy snack ideas, you MUST check out this Super Awesome List of Healthy Snack Ideas! There are so many great snack ideas, and a couple of great printables to help you remember them when your stomach starts rumbling!
Three Easy & Delicious Homemade Snack Recipes
These three healthy snack recipes are remarkably easy to make. Basically, each is simply a matter of blending, heating, and cooling. Each snack is made from a handful of real food ingredients, making them a great option for snacking since they are not just empty calories.
I make the fruit and veg strips all the time during the spring and summer. It is sooooo easy to do, and can be a great way to use up fruit that is almost bad or too ripe just for snacking. When the strips are finished, I cut them into long strips, then roll up each strip and put them in one of our Grove reusable bags. They are great portable snacks (and bonus) not messy at all.
The gummies are a fun treat, but not something we do very often. Filling the molds is a great task for kids, though, and since I’ve figured out how to make them chewy, we may be making them more often now.
- Excalibur Dehydrator
- Silicon Animal Molds
- Silicon Lego Molds
- 40z Mason Jars (best price at Wal-Mart)
- Beef gelatin
(from 2019) I shared all of these recipes in a handy video on YouTube too! You’ll need to recipes here, but you can watch exactly how to make them and get extra tips in the video. Be sure to subscribe while you’re there so you don’t miss any new videos!
Real Fruit & Veg Strips
- 4 cups fruit
- 2 carrots
- 1 ripe banana
1.Blend together fruit, carrots cut into 2″ pieces, and banana. Add water as need to blend.
2.Line the trays from your dehydrator (or a baking sheet for the oven) with parchment paper. Spread the blended fruit/veg mixture onto the parchment paper in a thin, even layer. (You want it to be thin without being able to see through the mixture and without any holes or gaps).
3.Follow the directions on your dehydrator and dry out the mixture until it is completely dry and no longer tacky*.
4.Cut into strips and store in a container until ready to eat.
*You can also make these in your oven using the lowest heat setting and cooking the strips until completely dry, about 5-6 hours.
Homemade Chewy Gummies
- about 2 cups fruit
- 4 tbsp unflavored gelatin
- silicon molds
1. Blend together fruit of choice until so you have 1 cup of puree.
2. Pour 1 cup of pureed fruit into a small pot and heat over medium heat until warm to the touch. Stir in 1/3 cup of honey. Slowly sprinkle unflavored gelatin across the top of the warm fruit mixture whisking the whole time. (You want to avoid clumps of the gelatin).
3. Remove the fruit mixture from the heat and let cool slightly before transferring the mixture into molds. (A medicine dropper works well for smaller molds).
4. Refrigerate the molds for about 12 hours, or overnight, then remove the gummies from the molds. Let the gummies continue to dry out slightly in the refrigerator for a day or two for chewy gummies.
Easy Dairy-Free Chocolate Pudding
- 13.5oz can of coconut milk
- 1/4 cup honey
- 1/4 cup decaf coffee
- 1/2 tsp sea salt
- 1/2 cup dark chocolate morsels (or semi-sweet)
- 2 tsp unflavored gelatin
- small jars
1.Pour the can of coconut milk in a small pot and heat over medium heat until the milk is warm to the touch. Stir in honey, decaf coffee, and sea salt. Add dark chocolate morsels (you can use semi-sweet if you prefer) and stir until the chocolate is melted and completely incorporated. Slowly sprinkle the unflavored gelatin across the top of the pudding mixture, whisking the whole time.
2.Pour the pudding mixture into small jars.
3.Refrigerate for 3-4 hours until set.
Don’t forget to check out all the other healthy snack ideas here.
More Like This ::
- Super Awesome List of Healthy Snack Ideas
- Summer Lunch Ideas + Printable Menu
- Spring & Summer Dinner Menu
Sharing is caring! Don’t forget to pin and share. Thank you!