Is it just me, or did the past 5 months fly by really quickly?
I am so excited about summer and all the fun in the sun we are going to have. Last week I shared our summer backyard bucket list, and there’s even more I’m hoping we will be able to do this summer. Just this month we have a birthday party, family visiting, trips to the local science museum, park playdates, and hopefully lots of trips to the farmers market.
This month is the perfect month for a series on picnic fare. We have a picnic, either at home or at local parks, at least three times a week during the summer. In fact, in just a little bit we are headed to a park to play and picnic by the lake for dinner. Healthy, delicious, and quick meals are on the menu! You can look for the first picnic recipe later this week.
In the meantime, check out some of these articles and posts. I hope you find them as encouraging, interesting, or helpful as I did!
- A different kind of bucket list: A Bucket List for Our Children, Art of Simple
- Tips for Teaching Toddlers in the Kitchen, Aimée Wimbush-Bourque
- How to Build A Water Balloon Launcher, Frugal Fun For Boys
- How to Make 30 Minute Mozzarella, Simple Bites, (excited to try this!)
- The Everyday, Lessons Learned, (a must read)
Less to More says
We got a head start on summer fun last week when we went on a family vacation. But we haven’t quite finished school yet. Much to my kids’ dismay, we have another week of school. I’m gonna go easy on them. I’m looking forward to summer too and making our own summer bucket list.