This super delicious restaurant-style salsa takes less than 10 minutes to prepare, is made with pantry ingredients, and can be customized according to your family’s preferences!
- 1/2 sweet yellow onion, cut into large chunks
- 1 4oz can green chiles, undrained
- 2 14.5oz cans organic diced tomatoes, undrained
- 1 fresh garlic clove
- 1 tsp apple cider vinegar
- 1 tsp ground cumin
- 1/2 tsp kosher salt
- 1/4 tsp chipotle chili powder
- 1/2 lime
- Combine the onion, green chiles, 1 can of tomatoes, and the garlic in the bowl of a food processor*. Pulse the food processor until the mixture is chopped into small pieces.
- Open the lid of the food processor, and add the remaining ingredients (the salt, spices, apple cider vinegar, and remaining can of tomatoes). Pulse a few times, until the salsa is your desired consistency.
- Pour the salsa into a bowl and squeeze in half a lime (about 1 tablespoon of juice). Serve immediately, or refrigerate.
*You could do this in your blender if you don’t have a food processor. Just be careful not to over-blend it.
**You can adjust this salsa however you like! Add a jalepeno to step 1 for a spicier salsa. Add additional chipotle pepper for a smokier salsa. Or add extra lime juice for a tangier salsa.