This easy peach cobbler is reminiscent of one of my favorite desserts from my childhood. You only need a few simple ingredients and it’s easy enough to put together on any day, or even for kids to make themselves to treat the family!
- box yellow cake mix
- 1 stick unsalted butter, 8 tbsp
- 2 jars sliced peaches in light syrup* (14oz each)
- Preheat the oven to 350.
- Pour the peaches and their syrup into a baking dish.
- Melt the butter. Empty the cake mix into a medium mixing bowl. Pour in the melted butter and stir with a fork until the butter is incorporated and most of the cake mix resembles wet sand.
- Spread the cake mixture over the peaches in the baking dish in an even layer. Any “dry” cake mix can be lightly pressed into the peaches to moisten slightly.
- Bake in preheated oven for 25-30 minutes, until the peaches are bubbly and the topping is lightly browned.
- Remove from the oven and let cool 10 minutes before serving. Serve with fresh whipped cream or vanilla ice cream.
*If you want to make this cobbler with fresh peaches, you can slice them and toss them in your baking dish with a quarter cup of honey, two tablespoons of lemon juice, and a half a teaspoon of cinnamon.
Keywords: peach cobbler