Making pumpkin puree in your Instant Pot is SO easy! There’s no prep required, and peeling the cooked pumpkin is a breeze.
- one small-medium pie pumpkin
- 1 cup water
- Pour one cup of water in the bottom of the Instant Pot, then set in the trivet. Place the pie pumpkin on the trivet, laying it on its side if necessary.
- Place the lid on the Instant Pot, turn the valve to sealing, and set the cook time for 15 minutes on high pressure.
- When the cook time is complete, let the pressure naturally release. Remove the cooked pumpkin from the Instant Pot. Slice the pumpkin in half and scoop out the seeds. Peel off the skin from the pumpkin (it will come off easily now). Transfer the “meat” of the pumpkin to a bowl or back into the pot. Puree the cooked pumpkin with a hand mixer or immersion blender, adding about 1/4 to 1/2 cup of water as needed.
- Keep the pumpkin puree in the refrigerator for one week or freeze until needed.