Making pumpkin puree in your Instant Pot is SO easy! There’s no prep required, and peeling the cooked pumpkin is a breeze. See the whole process and get 25 healthy recipes to use your pumpkin puree below.
I’m not one to obsess over pumpkin spice lattes, but I do sincerely enjoy eating seasonally as I am able. I looooooove pumpkin in the fall. For years we have made pumpkin pie pop-tarts with our friends, pumpkin pancakes, and since last year, chocolate pumpkin cookies.
This is, however, the first year that I have attempted to cook a pumpkin and have fresh homemade pumpkin puree. It always seemed like it might be more trouble than it was worth, and figuring out how to cook the pumpkin seemed rather daunting. After all, adding a few cans of pumpkin puree to my shopping list required very little effort.
BUT I WANT YOU ALL TO KNOW THIS.
Cooking a pumpkin in your Instant Pot is so ridiculously easy. Water + trivet + pie pumpkin. That’s it.
How to Make Pumpkin Puree in Your Instant Pot
Watch how to make homemade pumpkin puree, then find printable instructions and 25 ways to use your pumpkin puree below!
You will want to use pie or “sugar” pumpkins to make pumpkin puree. They are meatier and better for eating. I was able to cook my pumpkins in my 6qt Instant Pot, but if you have a larger pie pumpkin, an 8qt would allow you to cook larger pumpkins.
You’ll notice that a handful of the recipes below are marked as “coming soon”. I did a lot of recipe testing as I was cooking all these pumpkins in my Instant Pot, and I am excited to share these new recipes with you. This week will be the week of the pumpkin on the blog as I share a new easy and healthy pumpkin recipe each day!
Making pumpkin puree in your Instant Pot is SO easy! There’s no prep required, and peeling the cooked pumpkin is a breeze.
- one small-medium pie pumpkin
- 1 cup water
- Pour one cup of water in the bottom of the Instant Pot, then set in the trivet. Place the pie pumpkin on the trivet, laying it on its side if necessary.
- Place the lid on the Instant Pot, turn the valve to sealing, and set the cook time for 15 minutes on high pressure.
- When the cook time is complete, let the pressure naturally release. Remove the cooked pumpkin from the Instant Pot. Slice the pumpkin in half and scoop out the seeds. Peel off the skin from the pumpkin (it will come off easily now). Transfer the “meat” of the pumpkin to a bowl or back into the pot. Puree the cooked pumpkin with a hand mixer or immersion blender, adding about 1/4 to 1/2 cup of water as needed.
- Keep the pumpkin puree in the refrigerator for one week or freeze until needed.
25 Healthy Recipes to Use Pumpkin Puree
Picture Credit :: Top Row: This Pilgrim Life // Sally’s Baking Addiction // This Pilgrim Life
Bottom Row: Pinch of Yum // This Pilgrim Life // Instant Loss // This Pilgrim Life
- Pumpkin Pie Pop-Tarts || This Pilgrim Life
- Homemade Pumpkin Coffee Creamer || Sally’s Baking Addiction
- Spiced Pumpkin Waffles || This Pilgrim Life (recipe coming soon!)
- Clean Eating Pumpkin Spice Smoothie || Instant Loss
- Perfect Pumpkin Pancakes || This Pilgrim Life
- Favorite Pumpkin Muffins (with chocolate) || Pinch of Yum
- Pumpkin Pecan Brown Butter Muffins || This Pilgrim Life
Picture Credit :: Top Row: This Pilgrim Life // Sally’s Baking Addiction // Tidbits
Bottom Row: This Pilgrim Life // Babble // Instant Loss // This Pilgrim Life
- Double Dark Chocolate Pumpkin Cookies || This Pilgrim Life
- Classic Pumpkin Scones || Sally’s Baking Addiction
- Healthy Pumpkin Dip || Tidbits
- Sweet Pumpkin Butter || This Pilgrim Life
- 5-Ingredient Pumpkin Energy Balls || Babble
- Pumpkin Blender Muffins || Instant Loss
- Easy Pumpkin Pudding Cups || This Pilgrim Life
Picture Credit :: Top Row: This Pilgrim Life // Pinch of Yum
Bottom Row: Pinch of Yum // The Real Food Dietitians
- Maple Pumpkin Chili (Instant Pot freezer meal) || This Pilgrim Life
- Pumpkin Alfredo || Pinch of Yum
- Creamy Pumpkin Spaghetti with Garlic Kale || Pinch of Yum
- Slow Cooker Pumpkin Chili || The Real Food Dietitians
Picture Credit :: Top Row: This Pilgrim Life // The Real Food Dietitians // Gimme Some Oven
Bottom Row: This Pilgrim Life // This Pilgrim Life // The Real Food Dietitians // Instant Loss
- Pumpkin Pie Creme Brûlée || This Pilgrim Life
- No-Bake Pumpkin Cheesecake Parfaits || The Real Food Dietitians
- Pumpkin Roll || Gimme Some Oven
- Dairy-Free Pumpkin Spice Ice Cream || This Pilgrim Life (recipe coming soon!)
- Sweet Potato Cheesecake with Dulce de Leche (sub pumpkin for sweet potatoes) || This Pilgrim Life
- Pumpkin Pie Truffles || The Real Food Dietitians
- Grain-Free Instant Pot Pumpkin pie || Instant Loss
Sharing is caring! Help support this blog by pinning and sharing. Thank you!
Want even more Instant Pot recipes and tips?!
Click here for more Instant Pot recipes.
Sign up for the newsletter to get new recipes, DIY projects, and encouragement right in your inbox!