This veggie noodle soup in the Instant Pot is super easy to make with a smooth, nourishing broth with blended veggies making it both kid-friendly and cozy.
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1/2 cup yellow onion, diced
- 1 cup carrot, peeled and diced
- 1 heaping tablespoon fresh garlic, minced
- 1 tsp kosher salt
- 8 cups chicken (or vegetable) stock (I like to make my own)
- 1 lb small pasta noodles
- parmesan cheese for topping
- Turn the Instant Pot on to Sauté. Add the oil, then the vegetables and the salt to the pot. Sauté the onion, carrots, and garlic together for 3-4 minutes until the begin to soften. Pour in the stock and stir. Place on the lid and turn the valve to sealing.
- Cook the vegetables and stock together on high pressure for one minute. Quick release the pressure when the cook time is complete.
- Use an immersion blender to blend the mixture until completely smooth. Alternately, carefully pour the hot vegetable mixture into a blender and blend until smooth. Return the blended soup mixture to the Instant Pot.
- Add one cup of water and the pasta to the blended mixture. Place the lid back on the Instant Pot and turn the valve to sealing. Set the cook time for one minute on high pressure. Quick release the pressure when the cook time is complete.
- Test the pasta for doneness. If it needs additional time, return the Instant Pot to sauté and simmer the soup for 3-5 minutes until the pasta is cooked according to your preference. (One minute on high pressure should be sufficient due to the extra time the IP will take to come to pressure and release pressure).
- Transfer portions of soup into bowls and top with parmesan cheese (optional). Serve hot.
*This soup makes a lot, so if you have leftovers to save, I would recommend saving the pasta and the broth in separate containers so the pasta does not continue to absorb the broth while it rests.