I love the taste of these chocolate chip zucchini waffles! Made with sourdough discard, shredded zucchini, and bits of chocolate, they’re such a fun and tasty breakfast!
- 2 cups flour
- 1 tbsp baking powder
- 1 tsp sea salt
- 2 cups sourdough discard
- 3 eggs
- 1/4 cup unsalted butter, melted and cooled
- 1 cup milk or whey
- 2 cups shredded zucchini
- 1 cup choc chips (semisweet or dark)
- In a medium mixing bowl, combine the dry ingredients (flour through the sea salt). Whisk together until incorporated. In a large glass measuring cup, combine the wet ingredients (sourdough discard, eggs, butter, and milk). Whisk together until smooth.
- Pour the wet mixture into the bowl of dry ingredients. Stir well until no dry streaks remain. Stir in the zucchini and chocolate chips. Let stand ten minutes.
- Heat your waffle iron, then grease with melted butter or cooking spray.
- Pour the waffle batter into the hot, grease waffle iron once the plates are hot. Cook until your waffles are done, according to your preference. Transfer the finished waffles to a plate and keep warm. Repeat making waffles until you run out of batter.
- Serve with maple syrup, butter, and/or your favorite waffle toppings.