Coleslaw is a summer staple at cookouts and potlucks. This rainbow coleslaw is a fresh take on a common recipe– the perfect combination of tangy, crisp and sweet!
- 1/2 head of green cabbage
- 1/2 head of red cabbage
- 2 carrots
- 1/2 cup sliced almonds
- 1 C dried cranberries
- 1/2 C mayonnaise
- 1/4 C lime juice (about 2 limes)
- 1 tbsp sugar*
- 1/2 tsp kosher salt
- 1/2 tsp freshly ground pepper
1. Very thinly slice the green and red cabbage. Chop until the pieces are roughly a half-inch long. Transfer to a large mixing bowl.
2. Peel and shred the carrots. Alternately, if you have a julienne slicer, use it to slice the carrots into thin sticks.
3. Add the shredded carrots, almonds, and cranberries to the cabbage.
4. Whisk together the mayonnaise, lime juice, sugar, salt and pepper together in a small bowl. Pour the dressing over the cabbage mixture. Stir well until the dressing coats all the ingredients.
5. Refrigerate the coleslaw for an hour before serving.
*If you do not want to use granulated sugar, you can swap your sugar alternative of choice. Just sweeten to taste.