Cook a London broil on a cast iron griddle for an amazing and budget-friendly steak dinner at home! Easy enough for a weeknight meal, delicious enough for a dinner with friends!
- 2 lb London Broil
- 1 C dry red wine (we like Cabernet)
- salt and pepper
- Use a fork to stab the London broil thoroughly all over– front and back. Once you think you’ve stabbed it enough, stab it a little more. Combine the London broil and the wine in a dish or gallon zipper bag. Marinate the meat for at least thirty minutes, or up to twenty-four hours.
- Heat a cast iron griddle over medium high heat (grill side up) for about twelve minutes until it is quite hot. Remove the London broil from the wine marinade and liberally season the top and bottom with salt and pepper.
- Brush a thin coat of ghee or oil on the hot griddle. Place the London Broil on the griddle and cook for six minutes, without moving it. After six minutes, flip the London Broil over and cook the second side for another six to ten minutes, until the internal temperature* reads 125 for medium rare or 135 for medium. (The temperature will rise a little more as rests).
- Remove the London broil from the griddle to a cutting board and tent loosely with foil. Let the London broil rest for 10 minutes to let the juices redistribute. Then cut the meat into thin slices across the grain.
*Temperatures for London Broil:
- 125 = rare
- 135 = medium rare
- 150 = medium