Quick, easy, and DELICIOUS recipe for sausage and kale soup in the Instant Pot!
- 1 lb chopped sausage (kielbasa or sweet Italian)
- 1 onion, diced
- 3–4 carrots, diced
- 1 C uncooked brown rice
- 2 C chopped kale
- 4 C chicken broth
- 1/2 C heavy cream
- 2 Tbsp all-purpose flour
1. Saute chopped sausage in the Instant Pot. Let the sausage cook for as long as it takes you to chop 1 onion and dice 3-4 carrots (stirring once or twice). Stir in the onions and carrots. Saute 3-4 minutes more.
2. Stir in 1 cup uncooked brown rice, 2 C chopped kale, and 4 C chicken broth. Cover and cook on high pressure for 8 minutes.
3. Quick release the pressure and uncover. In a small mixing bowl, whisk together 2 Tbsp flour and 1/2 C heavy cream. Pour the cream mixture into the soup, stir to mix, and return the Instant Pot to sauté. Let the soup cook for about 5 more minutes, or until it begins to thicken.
4. Salt to taste and serve immediately.