Enjoy a filling and delicious chili in half the time thanks to the Instant Pot!
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 yellow onion, chopped
- 2 sweet bell peppers, chopped
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 lb ground beef
- 1 can diced tomatoes, undrained (about 2 cups)
- 1 can tomato sauce (about 2 cups) (I just blend up a second can of diced tomatoes)
- 1 tsp kosher salt
- 1 tsp dried basil
- 1 tsp dried oregano
- 1 tsp chili powder
- 1/2 tsp freshly ground pepper
- 1/2 tsp ground cumin
- 1 can pinto or kidney beans, drained & rinsed (about 2 cups)
- optional: shredded cheddar cheese for topping
- optional: plain yogurt or sour cream for topping
- Turn the Instant Pot on to Sauté. When the screen reads hot, saute the onion and bell peppers in a tablespoon of olive oil for 3-5 minutes, until the vegetables begin to soften. Add the minced garlic to the onions and peppers and cook for about 30 seconds until fragrant.
- Add the ground beef to the vegetables. Stir and cook for about 5 minutes until the meat is just browned. Add herbs and spices.
- Pour in 1 can of diced tomatoes and 1 can of tomato sauce. Place the lid on the Instant Pot, turn the valve to sealing, and set the cook time for 10 minutes on high pressure.
- Quick release the pressure when the cook time is complete. Pour in the kidney beans to the chili. Return the Instant Pot to Sauté and cook for 5 more minutes. Top with cheddar cheese and sour cream/yogurt if desired.