Healthy, homemade chocolate cereal made with five superfoods and no refined sugar. So good as a cereal with milk, or as a topping for yogurt!
- 6 C oats
- 1 C wheat bran or germ*
- 1 C unsweetened shredded coconut
- 1/4 C chia seeds
- 3/4 C melted coconut oil
- 3/4 C honey
- 3/4 C cacao powder
- 1 Tbsp vanilla extract
- 1/2 C chopped dark chocolate
1. Combine the oats, wheat bran, coconut, and chia seeds in a large bowl. Stir well to mix the ingredients thoroughly. In a small bowl mix together the coconut oil, honey, vanilla and cocoa powder. Combine the dry and wet ingredients and stir until all the dry ingredients are coated. Mix in the dark chocolate.
2. Spread the cereal mixture evenly on a baking sheet lined with parchment paper.
3. Bake for 45 minutes in a 275° oven, stirring twice during the cooking time.
4. Let the cereal cool completely before transferring to a container.
* Substitute flax meal for the wheat bran to make a gluten-free granola.