Want to make homemade gifts but don’t know where to start or doubt your ability? Let this list of handmade gift ideas inspire you with easy projects for all ages– most that can be finished in thirty minutes or less!
The links below may be affiliate links, meaning I earn a small compensation at no extra cost to you. See my full disclosure policy here.
No matter your budget, making handmade gifts for the people on your list is a great way to show how much you care and to give special and unique gifts!
I like to do a balance of homemade gifts and store-bought gifts every year. I love being able to pick out a stack of fabric from the craft store that I know my family will enjoy, and then set up my annual “Santa’s workshop” in my dining room to make everyone’s gifts.
I put together a list of some of my favorite handmade gift ideas for you to use as you decide what to make for your friends and family. Most of the projects can be completed in thirty minutes or less, many with scraps from your stash! Other projects are a little more involved, but will be used for years (like the backpacks, hooded towels, tote bags, and make-up bag!).
I hope you enjoy this Homemade Gift Guide! I’d love for you to share in the comments what other things you like to make as gifts too, and as always, I appreciate it when you pin and share so that more people can find my gift guides and tutorials!
Easy Handmade Gift Ideas for Kids & Adults
- Toddler Purse (designed to be easy for a toddler to carry and put things in and out of the bag!)
- Child’s Ring Sling (simple, low-sew project that can be used by kids of all ages!)
- Pencil Roll-Up (this really belongs on the adult list too! It’s so handy for pens, pencils, markers, etc)
- Bendy Snakes (such a fun project and a great stocking stuffer idea!)
- Sketchbook Pal (gift one of these along with a new sketchbook!)
- Zippered Pouch (I LOVE making and giving these because they’re so useful and you can use any fabric!)
- Cloth Blocks Trio (this is a great gift idea for babies and toddlers! Put a bell inside for even more fun)
- Hooded Towels (we use our hooded towels every week! I’ve made a lion, tiger, dog, and ladybug!)
- Kids’ Backpack (This backpack pattern is really good. You can extend it for bigger kids. I’ve made them for my three biggest kids)
- Child-Made Wallet (kids can make this simple wallet for their friends or younger siblings!)
- Dart Belt (a perfect gift for kids who enjoy playing with dart guns! Gift one with a new gun or hanging target!)
- Toddler Baby Carrier (for all the kids who want to be just like mama!)
- Paracord Bracelets (this is a great craft idea for older kids–and older kids to make for their friends!)
- Zippered Pouches (love how easy it is to make these in all kinds of sizes and patterns!)
- Essential Oil Gifts(Lotion Bars, Room Spray, etc)
- Car Organization Trio (the perfect gift for anyone who struggles with keeping their car tidy!)
- Cinching Make-Up Bag (I love my make-up bag because it opens up to show everything I need at once!)
- Heatsafe Table Runner (make a quilted table runner with a special layer inside so you can put hot pots right on top!)
- Everyday Zipper Tote (use this pattern to make a great everyday tote bag!)
- Embroidered Wall Art (any size, any saying, for anyone!)
- Grocery Totes (grab some inexpensive utility fabric and make some reusable grocery bags for the earth-conscious on your list!)
- Two Toned Tote Bag (another fun tote bag pattern!)
- 10 Minute Infinity Scarf (very little sewing is involved in making cute infinity scarves!)
- “Hot Hands” Pouches & Heat Pads (so nice for aching muscles and cold hands!)
- Fabric Pocket Photo Book (this is such a fun and sweet gift idea for spouses and children!)
Sharing is caring! Don’t forget to pin and share. Thank you!