These chocolate chip cookie cupcakes are a breeze to make and ridiculously simple with their whipped cream topping and sprinkles. It makes a great cupcake hack for a sweet snack to enjoy with friends or a simple birthday party treat!
- 1 1/2 cups granulated sugar
- 3 tbsp molasses
- 1 cup (2 sticks, 16 tbsp) unsalted butter
- 2 large eggs
- 1 tbsp vanilla extract
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp kosher salt
- 1 1/2 cup chocolate chips
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees.
- Melt the butter over medium-low heat on the stovetop, (or alternately in a microwave). Whisk together the sugar and molasses in a medium mixing bowl until the mixture resembles brown sugar. Pour in the melted butter, then whisk to combine. Add the eggs and vanilla, whisk again until the ingredients are all well-incorporated.
- Stir in the flour, baking soda, and salt into the butter/sugar mixture with a wooden spoon or spatula. Add the chocolate chips and stir to incorporate.
- Line 2 12-cup muffin pans with parchment muffin liners (or grease the cups). Distribute the cookie batter into the muffin cups so that each cup is 2/3 full.
- Bake in preheated oven for 15-18 minutes (check after 15 minutes), until the cookies are cooked through, but still soft.
- Let the cookies cool for 5-10 minutes in the pans, then transfer them to cool completely on a wire cooling rack.
- Top cookie cupcakes with whipped cream and sprinkles.