- 2 C flour
- 1/2 C cocoa powder
- 1 1/2 Tbsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1/2 C milk (I use whole milk)
- 1/2 C maple syrup
- 1/2 C applesauce
- 2 eggs
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 2 C shredded zucchini
1. Preheat oven to 400°. Grease a 12 cup muffin pan.
2. Combine the dry ingredients in a medium size mixing bowl. Whisk the milk, syrup, applesauce, eggs, and vanilla together in a small mixing bowl. Pour the wet ingredients into the dry ingredients and stir just until blended and no streaks of flour remain.
3. Add the shredded zucchini to the muffin batter, squeezing out the excess moisture before measuring. Stir until the zucchini is evenly incorporated into the mixture.
4. Scoop batter into the greased muffin pan using a 1/4 cup measuring cup. Bake in preheated oven for 20 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted in the center of a muffin comes out clean.
5. Let the muffins cool in the pan for 10 minutes before removing. Transfer muffins to a wire rack.