Delicious, gluten-free, and reduced-sugar apple brownies mixed in a blender and cooked in just fifteen minutes in an Instant Pot!
- 2 C oats
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1/4 tsp each ground ginger & nutmeg
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 2 eggs
- 4 Tbsp melted butter
- 1/2 C applesauce
- 1/4 C brown sugar
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/2 C diced apple (I like fuji or gala)
Maple Cream Frosting
- 2 oz cream cheese, room temperature
- 1 Tbsp maple syrup
- 2 Tbsp powdered sugar
- Blend the oats in a blender for 30 seconds until they resembled a soft flour. Add the spices, baking powder, salt, and sugar. Blend again for just about 5 seconds until the dry ingredients are incorporated.
- Add the wet ingredients to the dry ingredients in the blender (eggs, applesauce, melted butter, and vanilla). Blend again for about thirty seconds until all the ingredients are mixed and a wet batter is formed.
- Stir the diced apples into the brownie batter. Pour the mixture into a 7″ springform pan that has been lightly greased. Cover the pan with foil.
- Pour 1 C of water in the bottom of the Instant Pot liner. Place in a trivet, and then set the springform pan on the trivet. Cover the Instant Pot, set the valve to sealing, and cook on high pressure for 15 minutes.
- After the cooking time is completed, quick release the pressure. Carefully remove the springform pan from the Instant Pot, and discard the foil. Let the brownies cool for 5 minutes before releasing the outer wall of the springform pan. Transfer the brownies to a serving plate and cool.
- Make the maple frosting: Combine the frosting ingredients in a small bowl and whisk together until smooth. Spread on top of cooled brownies.
- Slice and serve warm, or give the frosting time to set up before slicing. Your choice!
I used a 7″ springform pan to make these brownies. If you wanted to use a 6″ pan, increase the cooking time by a few minutes.