Use your Instant Pot for prepping ingredients, making appetizers, cooking the main dish and sides, AND making amazing desserts this holiday season! Find new favorite Instant Pot holiday recipes here!
The links below may be affiliate links, meaning I earn a small commission at no extra cost to you. I appreciate your support of this site!
I have been working up to this post all week long, eating sweet barbecue meatballs and too much cheesecake, making videos to show you how to make one of my favorite holiday appetizers, and drooling over the weeks of holiday feasts and parties coming up!
Basically, I am just so excited to share this list of ideas and recipes to put your Instant Pot to work all season long! Hint: it’s not just for making mashed potatoes!
Check out the list below and start pinning and planning for your next holiday meal. There are so many great recipes to choose from–and many of them are make-ahead so you can get a LOT of use out of your Instant Pot and make all your friends and family wish they had one too. Just kidding. Kind of. I totally try to win everyone over because I think they are so great.
Before I jump into the recipes, though, how about some ideas for kitchen tools to have on hand to make all your holiday cooking go a little smoother? Here are five recommendations to make time in the kitchen easier this year:
- Instant Pot (of course!). I have the DUO60 and the 6qt Ultra. I just became a member of the two-IP club, and I’m loving it.
- Victorinox chef knife. A good knife is one of the BEST things you can have in your kitchen. This one is highly recommended by America’s Test Kitchen (and me). Don’t forget to keep it sharp!
- Extra Instant Pot stainless insert and sealing rings. Both are certain to come in handy with all the cooking and “baking” you’ll be doing.
- Springform pan. If you haven’t made a cheesecake in your Instant Pot yet, now is the time to jump right in!
- Mini spatulas. Okay, this one may seem silly, but next to my knife, mini spatulas are one of my favorite kitchen tools and I’m asked about them all the time! I love having several on hand when I’m cooking.
I sincerely hope that all of you have a wonderful holiday season, full of great food and better company!!! Remember, it’s not about having the perfect home or the perfect menu– it’s about connecting with those we love and sharing with those in need! (More about practicing low-stress hospitality).
And one more final note, I’m about to have a baby (hooray!), so I will be taking a short break very soon from new posts for a little while. But please check out the recipe archives and join me on Facebook because I’m sure I’ll be popping on live occasionally to check in and sharing past holiday recipes, encouragement, and tutorials!
25 Ways to Make Your Instant Pot Shine This Holiday Season
Getting Ready — Using the Instant Pot to Prep Food
- Make chicken broth. (recipe #2 or watch a video)
- Cook sweet potatoes for casserole. (Peel and cube sweet potatoes, then cook on steamer basket for 5 minutes).
- Proof bread for dinner rolls. (Whole wheat no-knead bread, Instant Pot Yogurt Whey Dutch Oven Crusty Bread, or use your favorite recipe and proof the dough using the YOGURT setting on “less” for about 30 minutes until your dough has doubled, greasing the bottom of the pot and lightly covering the dough with plastic wrap)
- Cook pumpkins for puree.
- Make hard boiled eggs for deviled eggs. (how-to video)
- Make dulce de leche for pies and treats. (with just milk and sugar, with canned sweetened condensed milk, or dairy free) (how-to video— start @ 15:00)
Before the Feast — Appetizers & Snacks
- Spinach & artichoke dip :: This Pilgrim Life
- Collard green wontons :: This Pilgrim Life (how-to video)
- Butternut squash and apple soup :: This Pilgrim Life (how to make butternut squash soup video)
- Sweet barbecue meatballs :: This Pilgrim Life
- Holiday spiced punch :: This Pilgrim Life (crockpot recipe, but can easily be prepared in the Instant Pot)
During the Feast — Main Dishes and Sides
- Turkey (Using turkey quarters, or cooking a turkey breast,
- Bone-in ham with maple-honey glaze :: Simple Awesome Cooking
- Mashed potatoes :: Pinch of Yum
- Honey ginger carrots :: This Pilgrim Life (how-to video– start watching @ 12:30)
- Cranberry sauce :: Pressure Cooker Recipes
- Mac’n’cheese :: Pinch of Yum
- Make the gravy and keep it warm
- Collard greens :: This Pilgrim Life (how-to video)
- Cauliflower au gratin :: This Pilgrim Life
After the Feast — Sweets and Treats
- Pumpkin pie creme brûlée :: This Pilgrim Life
- Healthier cheesecake :: This Pilgrim Life
- Cinnamon apples :: This Pilgrim Life
- Apple brownies with maple cream frosting :: This Pilgrim Life (video)
- Sweet Potato Cheesecake with Dulce de Leche and Pecans :: This Pilgrim Life (video)
Sharing is caring! Help support this blog by pinning and sharing. Thank you!
Want even more Instant Pot recipes and tips???
Click here for more Instant Pot recipes.
Sign up for the weekly newsletter to get new recipes, DIY projects, and encouragement right in your inbox!
Like This Pilgrim Life on Facebook to catch live cooking videos, new recipes, and much more!