Spicy jambalaya with shrimp and sausage is so easy to make in an Instant Pot!
I can’t help it you guys.
I’ve shared so many Instant Pot recipes recently.
Even a recipe for pan fried pork chops (ahhh-mazing) included directions to make collards in the Instant Pot.
But if you are not on the Instant Pot train yet, then I just need to say that my Instant Pot makes my life a little easier every.single.day.
Either I’m throwing in eggs to hard boil for a quick picnic and walking away. Or I’m starting steel cut oats in the morning and going about the rest of my morning chores while they cook. Or using the Instant Pot for an easy dinner that does not require baby-sitting (especially nice right now with a baby who is getting into everything and a toddler on the cusp of potty training). I even used the Instant Pot this weekend to make a simple dessert of cinnamon apples that my kids LOVE in just a few minutes while we played a favorite family board game.
If you do already have an Instant Pot, you probably already know exactly what I’m talking about.
So, having explained why my Instant Pot is a lifesaver right now, I hope you will understand why I am sharing ANOTHER Instant Pot recipe.
I promise I will keep trying to share a variety of recipes. But first…
This past month we discovered a new favorite dish to make– jambalaya with shrimp and sausage. It’s a dish that seems like it should be much more complicated to make. It is packed with flavor and a fun break from typical weeknight fare.
I like to buy frozen wild caught shrimp from Costco with the tails off and ready to eat. It is just one less thing to worry about. Actually, every single ingredient in this recipe is from Costco, with the exception of the homemade chicken broth and the seasoning.
I used Tony’s Creole Seasoning to season this jambalaya. We LOVE this seasoning and I use it all the time. It is even really delicious on stovetop popcorn!
I also need to mention that with four kids at the table, the spiciest I do is mild. This particular recipe has a bit of a kick and a lot of flavor, but if you prefer your jambalaya to be spicier, than you can adjust the seasoning to taste.
Easy Instant Pot Jambalaya
- 1 Tbsp butter
- 2 C frozen shrimp, thawed
- 3 tsp Tony’s Creole seasoning, divided
- 2 sweet Italian sausages, casing removed
- 1 chicken breast, cut into 1″ pieces
- 1 yellow bell pepper, chopped
- 1 onion, diced
- 1 C brown basmati rice*
- 1 14.5oz can diced tomatoes, undrained
- 1 C chicken broth
1. Melt 1 tablespoon butter in the Instant Pot on Saute. Add the shrimp and 1 tsp Tony’s seasoning. Saute the shrimp until it is pink, about 5 minutes. Remove the shrimp and cooking liquid from the Instant Pot. Drain the shrimp and set aside, reserving the cooking liquid.
2. Brown the sausage and chicken in the Instant Pot on Saute for three minutes. Add the chopped peppers and onions, and the remaining 2 tsp Tony’s seasoning. Saute the meat and vegetables for about two more minutes.
3. Stir in the rice, tomatoes, broth, and reserved shrimp cooking liquid. Use a wooden spoon to scrape the bottom of the pot to loosen any meat that stuck. When the bottom of the pot is clear, cover the Instant Pot and cook on high pressure for 20 minutes.
4. Let the pressure naturally release for 10 minutes, then manually release the remaining pressure. Return the shrimp to the pot. Serve the jambalaya when the shrimp is warmed. Serve with additional hot sauce as desired.
*Cooking time could vary depending on the type of rice you use. A white rice would not take as long to cook.
Want more Instant Pot recipes??? You can find them here.
Not sure what an Instant Pot even is??? Watch this video and find out why you will love it.
EACH WEEK I LINK UP WITH MOTIVATION MONDAY, MODEST MAMA, MAMA MOMENTS, TITUS 2 TUESDAYS, HIP HOMESCHOOL MOMS, AND WORKS FOR ME WEDNESDAY, AND 100 HAPPY DAYS. THE LINKS ABOVE MAY ALSO BE AFFILIATE LINKS, MEANING I EARN A SMALL COMMISSION AT NO EXTRA COST TO YOU. I APPRECIATE YOUR SUPPORT OF THIS SITE!