A soft and chewy peanut butter cookie naturally sweetened and rolled in coconut sugar. These cookies make a great sweet treat or snack you can feel good about!
- 1/4 C (4 Tbsp) melted butter
- 1/4 C peanut butter
- 1/2 C honey
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 egg
- 2 1/4 C whole wheat flour (freshly ground or white whole wheat work best)
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp sea salt
- 1/4 C coconut sugar (for rolling)
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- In a mixing bowl, stir together the liquid ingredients (melted butter through egg). Once the liquid ingredients are well blended, add 1 cup of the flour and the baking powder, soda, and salt. Stir with a spatula for a minute until the dry ingredients are mostly incorporated, then add the remaining flour and stir just until there are no more streaks of flour.
- Pinch off a tablespoon of dough and roll into a ball. Roll the ball in a small bowl of coconut sugar. Place on a baking sheet lined with parchment paper and flatten slightly. Repeat until you run out of dough.
- Bake the cookies in the preheated oven for 10 minutes. Let the cookies cool on a cooling rack.