Avoid processed, sugary ingredients in this popular appetizer and try these sweet barbecue meatballs made completely from scratch and cooked in the Instant Pot– easy, healthy, and delicious!
- 1/4 C yogurt
- 1/4 C panko breadcrumbs
- 1 tsp kosher salt
- 1 tsp granulated garlic
- 1 egg
- 1/2 yellow onion, minced fine
- 1 Tbsp dried parsley
- 1 lb ground beef (I used 1 1/3 lb)
Sweet Barbecue Sauce
- 1/2 C honey
- 1/2 C ketchup
- 2 Tbsp Worcestershire sauce
- 2 Tbsp cider vinegar
- 1 tsp salt
- Make the meatballs: Combine all the meatball ingredients in the order listed in a mixing bowl. Use a spoon, and then your clean hands to incorporate all the ingredients. Roll the mixture into 1″ meatballs.
- Turn the Instant Pot onto Saute, drizzle 1 Tbsp oil into the bottom of the pot. Add the meatballs around the outside of the pot first, working your way in to the center. Brown them on one side for 2-3 minutes while you make the sweet barbecue sauce.
- Make the sweet barbecue sauce: Combine all the sweet barbecue sauce ingredients in a large mixing cup and stir together until mixed.
- Pour 1/4 C of water into the Instant Pot and use a wooden spoon to gently release any meatballs that stuck to the bottom of the pot. Pour in the sweet barbecue sauce over the meatballs. Cover and seal the Instant Pot. Cook for 10 minutes on high pressure, then quick release the pressure.
- Serve from the pot, or transfer to a platter and spoon out some of the sweet barbecue sauce on top of the meatballs. Serve with toothpicks (optional).