Spring and summer are great times to be outdoors more– which means eating outdoors more too. Check out these summer picnic essentials from a picnic packing pro!
Confession: when I was in college I would skip class and chapel sometimes on really beautiful days. Soaking up the sun, reading a book on a wooden swing, and just generally basking in the warmth all were simply too irresistable to pass up.
I credit all these hours spent outside on my college campus in part with my happy marriage now… My husband has said he first noticed me sitting on one of those swings (probably wondering why I wasn’t heading into the chapel with everyone else).
We had the opportunity to visit our college campus last month with all five kids in tow. We said hello to old professors and, of course, sat on a few swings.
This is now my favorite family photo of us all.
A lot has changed since college (hello, five kids), but I still love the sun. And once the weather is the slightest bit warm enough, we start heading out more and more to enjoy it.
Whether we stay home or go out, chances are good we will be eating at least one meal outside everyday. I have gotten pretty good at packing picnics!
Today on You Tube, I’m sharing my favorite summer picnic essentials and a few bonus tips too. I hope you’ll check it out!
Summer Picnic Essentials
Here are links to a few of my favorite picnic items. Just remember, one of the most important things is just keeping everything accessible and easy to find when it’s time to pack a picnic!
- 4oz mason jars (great for pudding cups, yogurt, dips, etc)
- wide mouth half pint jars (my favorite for dipping salsa, hummus, ranch, etc)
- insulated picnic basket
- reusable bags, hand sanitizing spray, & lip balm :: GROVE COLLABORATIVE :: Sign up and get a free Mrs. Meyers Hand Soap & $10 Credit!
- Inexpensive silverware :: IKEA
- Water bottles and utensil bag :: Target dollar spot
- Pioneer Woman reusable straws and drink lids :: Walmart or Amazon