Sourdough waffles made with discard and pumpkin puree. So tasty!
- 2 cups flour (I like to use spelt)
- 1 tbsp baking powder
- 1 1/2 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp ground ginger
- 1/2 tsp ground nutmeg
- 1 tsp sea salt
- 2 cups sourdough discard
- 1 cup pumpkin puree
- 3 large eggs
- 4 tbsp melted and cooled butter
- 1/4 cup maple syrup
- 2 tsp vanilla
- 1 1/2 cup whey or milk
- In a medium mixing bowl, combine the dry ingredients (flour through the sea salt). Whisk together until incorporated. In a large glass measuring cup, combine the wet ingredients (sourdough discard through the milk). Whisk together until well incorporated (especially the eggs).
- Pour the wet mixture into the bowl of dry ingredients. Stir well until no dry streaks remain. Let stand ten minutes.
- Heat a waffle iron. When the iron is hot, brush the plates with butter, then pour in the waffle batter. Cook until your waffles are done, according to preference. Transfer the finished waffles to a plate and keep warm. Repeat making waffles until you run out of batter.
- Serve with maple syrup and butter.