You’ll be amazed at how easy it is to make homemade pizza dough! It’s so quick and easy, perfect for pizza, calzones, Stromboli, and more!
- 1 1/3 C all purpose flour
- 1/2 C warm water*
- 1/2 tsp sea salt
- 1 tsp yeast
- Preheat the oven to 450° (or 500 if using a baking steel).
- Combine the yeast and water in a glass measuring cup. In a small mixing bowl, stir together 1 C flour and the salt. Pour in yeasty water and stir. Add the remaining flour (1/3 C) to make a soft dough that is no longer sticky. Knead the dough a few times on your clean counter, adding flour as needed. Cover it with a dish towel and let it rest while you prepare your sauce and toppings.
- Butter a round pizza pan. With buttered hands spread the pizza dough onto the pan. This makes a thin crust pizza so carefully spread it out to the edges.
- Add your sauce and toppings. (This is a thin crust so it’s best to not overwhelm it with sauce and toppings).
- Bake the pizza at 450° for 10-12 minutes (or 7-8 minutes at 500 on a baking steel).
*warm tap water is fine. You don’t want the water to be scalding to the touch or it will kill the yeast.
This recipe easily doubles, triples, quadruples. Each portion is enough for one 10″ pizza, or you could divide the dough into smaller portions for individual pizzas.