Our family has been enjoying this easy and delicious side dish for years! Roasted butternut squash and apples compliment each other so well, and the addition of cranberries makes this dish extra palatable to all ages.
- 10 cups (3 – 3 1/2 lbs) butternut squash cut into 1″ cubes
- 2 gala apples, cut into 1” chunks
- 1/4 cup dried cranberries
- 2 tbsp extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 tbsp maple syrup
- 2 tsp kosher salt
- 1/2 tsp ground nutmeg
- Preheat the oven to 425.
- Combine all the ingredients in a large mixing bowl and stir well to combine, until everything is evenly coated. Transfer the mixture to a rimmed baking sheet.
- Cook for 25-30 minutes, stirring once halfway, until the squash is fork tender.
- Serve immediately.