These naturally sweetened raisin, date, and walnut muffins are packed with goodness and make a perfect snack or breakfast!
- 2 C flour
- 1 C old fashioned oats
- 1 Tbsp baking powder
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1 C milk
- 1/4 C maple syrup
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- 1/2 C coconut oil, melted
- 1/2 C chopped walnuts
- 1/2 C raisins
- 1/2 C chopped dates
- Demera sugar for topping (optional)
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees.
- In a medium-size mixing bowl, combine the dry ingredients (flour through baking soda). Whisk together to combine. In a large measuring cup or small mixing bowl, stir together the milk, maple syrup, egg, and coconut oil. Pour the wet ingredients into the dry ingredients and stir until just combined and no streaks of flour remain. Add in walnuts, raisins, and dates and stir.
- Grease a muffin pan and evenly distribute the batter into the twelve wells. (Optional) Sprinkle the tops of the muffins with brown sugar.
- Bake in preheated oven for approximately 15-20 minutes or until the tops are browned and spring back when lightly pressed.
- Let the muffins cool in the pan for 5 minutes before trying to remove them. Transfer to a wire rack to continue to cool. (Or, better yet, throw on some butter and eat them warm!)