Smooth and spiced no-bake pumpkin pie, sweetened with maple syrup. This pie is easy to make ahead and a perfect addition to holiday meals!
- 1 cup heavy cream, divided
- 1/2 cup maple syrup
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 3/4 tsp sea salt
- 1/2 tsp ginger
- 1/2 tsp allspice
- 3 egg yolks
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 2 1/2 tsp unflavored gelatin
- 2 cup pumpkin puree
- 1 pie shell (I use this recipe)
- Prep your pie crust if making it yourself*.
- Combine 1/2 cup heavy cream, the maple syrup, cinnamon, sea salt, ginger, and allspice in a small pot. Whisk to mix well. Heat over medium low heat about 5-10 minutes, until the mixture starts to have small bubbles across the top.
- Remove the pot from heat and whisk in the egg yolks. Return the pot to the stovetop, over medium low heat, for about 2 minutes, until it begins to bubble again.
- In a medium mixing bowl, stir together 1/4 cup of heavy cream and the vanilla. Sprinkle the gelatin across the top, and leave it alone to bloom for 5 minutes.
- Whisk together the remaining 1/4 cup of heavy cream and the pumpkin puree in a small bowl until there are no lumps and the pumpkin is smooth. (Use an immersion blender if you want it even smoother).
- Pour the custard into gelatin mixture and whisk well until the gelatin is dissolved and the ingredients are evenly incorporated.
- Pour the pie mixture into a cooled, cooked pie shell. Refrigerate for 3 hours, cover with plastic wrap and refrigerate at least 2 more hours.
* To make a pie shell with my homemade pie dough, I rolled out the dough, transferred it to my pie dish, and pressed the edges. Place a sheet of foil over the pie dough, and add weights to keep the pie dough in place while baking. (I have pie weights, but in the past have just used pennies). Bake covered in a 375 degree oven for 15 minutes, and uncovered for 5 minutes.