These double dark chocolate pumpkin cookies are a healthy, naturally sweetened snack cookie! Even better, they are packed with nutritious ingredients!
- 4 Tbsp butter, softened
- 1 C pumpkin puree
- 1/2 C honey
- 1 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 egg
- 1/4 C cocoa powder
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 3/4 tsp salt
- 2 C flour
- 1 (heaping) C dark chocolate morsels
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- Whisk together the butter and the pumpkin until smooth. (The mixture will not completely cream together, but that’s okay). Add the honey, vanilla, and egg. Whisk again until all the wet ingredients are incorporated.
- Add each dry ingredient a little at a time and stir to combine. When no streaks of flour remain, stir in the chocolate morsels.
- Drop tablespoon size portions of the cookie dough onto a baking sheet lined with parchment paper. Flatten slightly with a spoon or spatula. Bake in preheated oven for 11-12 minutes.
- Transfer the warm cookies to a cooling rack and press tops slightly with spatula (optional).
- Repeat steps 4-5 with remaining cookie dough.