Cook a comforting and nourishing pot of Maple Pumpkin Chili in your Instant Pot this fall and winter! The recipe is easy to make and is freezer friendly too!
- 2 sweet Italian sausages, casings removed
- 1/2 lb ground beef
- 1 small onion, finely chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/2 tsp ground cumin
- 1 tsp dried oregano
- 1/2 tsp chili powder
- 1/2 tsp freshly ground pepper
- 1 1/2 tsp kosher salt
- 1 C pumpkin puree
- 1 14oz can kidney beans, drained & rinsed
- 1 can diced tomatoes
- 2 Tbsp maple syrup
- 2 C beef broth
- Turn the Instant Pot on to Sauté. When the screen reads HOT, add the sausage and the ground beef. Cook the sausage & beef until it browns and begins to crumble. Use this time to prep your remaining ingredients!
- Drain the grease, then return the meat mixture to the pot. (If doubling the recipe to freeze, portion out half the meat mixture to cool before transferring it to a freezer bag).
- Add the remaining ingredients to the Instant Pot. Place the lid on the Instant Pot, turn the valve to sealing, and set the cook time for 10 minutes on high pressure.
- When the cook time is complete, you can quick release or naturally release the pressure.
- Serve with a dollop of sour cream/plain Greek yogurt, and Skillet Cornbread or One-Hour Focaccia if possible!
- Double the ingredients to make one for tonight and one for the freezer. (Or two for the freezer now!)
- TO COOK FROM FROZEN :: Pour a quarter cup of water in the bottom of the Instant Pot. Transfer frozen chili mixture to the Instant Pot liner. Cover and set the Instant Pot to 10 minutes high pressure. The chili will take longer to come to pressure when starting from frozen.