- 1 Tbsp olive oil
- 1 large yellow onion, chopped
- 6 garlic cloves, minced
- 10 14.5oz cans diced tomatoes
- 2 Tbsp each oregano and basil
- 1 Tbsp salt
1. Heat the oil in a large pot over medium heat. Add the chopped onions and sauté for about 5 minutes until the onions begin to soften and turn translucent. Push the onions to the sides of the pot and add the minced garlic. Sauté for about thirty seconds. Stir the onions and garlic together.
2. Pour in the cans of tomatoes, the herbs, and the salt. Mix well with a spoon. Bring the sauce to a simmer and simmer for twenty to thirty minutes, until the sauce is reduced by a third.
3. Carefully blend the hot sauce in a blender (or with an immersion blender) to your desired consistency. Add additional salt and/or herbs to taste. Let cool. Transfer to freezer safe bags or containers and freeze until ready to use.
4. TO COOK:
Thaw in the jar/bag. Heat in an Instant Pot with meatballs (see below) or in a pot on the stovetop before serving.