- 1 large yellow onion, minced
- 1 C panko breadcrumbs
- 1 C plain Greek yogurt
- 1 C Parmesan cheese
- 1/2 Tbsp kosher salt
- 1 Tbsp each oregano and basil
- 6 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 tsp freshly ground pepper
- 4 lbs ground beef
1. Combine all the ingredients in a large mixing bowl and mix well with your hands until all the ingredients are well-incorporated.
2. Form the meatball mixture into 1″ meatballs. Place on 2 baking sheets covered with parchment paper. Place both baking sheets in the freezer. After the meatballs are frozen, transfer them to freezer bags and return to the freezer.
3. TO COOK:
In the Instant Pot: (With sauce) Add frozen meatballs and thawed marinara sauce to the Instant Pot and cook on high pressure for ten minutes. Quick release pressure and serve immediately. (Without sauce) Add frozen meatballs to Instant Pot, along with 1/4 C of water. Cook on high pressure for ten minutes. Quick release pressure and serve immediately.
In a skillet: Heat 2 tablespoons of oil in a cast iron skillet over medium heat. Add thawed meatballs and brown, turning after about five minutes, and cooking until done, about 12-15 minutes total.