Pumpkin pie creme brûlée is so easy to make in your Instant Pot, and is an AMAZING Fall treat!
- 1 C heavy cream
- 1/2 C pureed pumpkin
- 4 egg yolks
- 1/4 C maple syrup
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon
- 1/8 tsp allspice
- infused sugar
- Make the infused sugar (optional): Combine 1/2 C of granulated sugar, 1 tsp whole cardomon pods, and 1 tsp whole cloves in a small mason jar. Shake to mix. Let sit at least 1 day before using, but preferably 2-3 days.
- Whisk together all ingredients, except the sugar. Whisk until smooth and completely blended. Pour into six 4oz ramekins and cover each with a small piece of foil.
- Place a trivet in the Instant Pot and pour in 1 C of water. Place the ramekins in the Instant Pot on top of the trivet– 3 on the trivet, then 3 stacked on top of the first 3 ramekins. Cover and cook on high pressure for 5 minutes.
- When the cook time is complete, let the Instant Pot naturally release pressure for ten minutes, then manually release the remaining pressure (there won’t be much). Use a potholder to carefully remove the ramekins from the Instant Pot. Discard the foil and refrigerate the crème brûlée for at least 2 hours.
- After the custard is set, take the ramekins out of the refrigerator. Sprinkle the tops of each crème brûlée with 1 teaspoon of sugar and use a kitchen torch to caramelize the sugar so that it forms a crispy, browned crust over the custard. Refrigerate or serve immediately.