- 2 sweet Italian sausages, casings removed
- 1/2 lb ground beef
- 1 small onion, finely chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/2 tsp ground cumin
- 1 tsp dried oregano
- 1/2 tsp chili powder
- 1/2 tsp freshly ground pepper
- 1 1/2 tsp kosher salt
- 1 C pumpkin puree
- 1 14oz can kidney beans, drained & rinsed
- 1 can diced tomatoes
- 2 Tbsp maple syrup
- 2 C beef broth
- Brown the ground beef and sausage together in a pan. Use a spatula to break up the beef and sausage into small pieces. Set aside and cool.
- Combine the beef/sausage mixture in a bag with the remaining ingredients. Press the air out, seal, and freeze.
To cook from frozen:
- Transfer frozen chili mixture to the Instant Pot liner. Cover and set the Instant Pot to 10 minutes high pressure.
- Quick release the pressure. Stir chili and serve.
Double this recipe for this freezer meal plan. Brown the sausages and beef together in the pan, and then divide the mixture into two bags when cool. Continue filling the bag with the remaining ingredients.
Recipe adapted from Aimee Wimbush-Bourque’s recipe in Brown Eggs and Jam Jars.