- 1 bunch collards (about 4–5 large leaves)
- 1/2 onion, diced
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 Tbsp olive oil
- 1 C chicken broth
- 1 C water
- kosher salt
- lemon slices for serving (optional)
- Prepare the collards: Rinse and dry the collard greens. Slice down the stem on either side to separate the stem from each of the leaves. Set the stems to the side. Stack the leaves and roll into a tight log. Slice the log into strips, and then cut perpendicular to the slices to chop the collard greens into 1 inch pieces.
- Heat oil in Instant Pot turned on sauté. (Alternately, you can substitute bacon grease to sauté the onions). Add the diced onions and cook for 2-3 minutes. Stir in the minced garlic cloves, and cook for 30 more seconds. Add the chopped collards, broth, water, and 1 tsp kosher salt to the onions and garlic. Stir to combine.
- Cook on high pressure for 10 minutes. Quick release the pressure when the timer goes off. Return the Instant Pot to sauté for 2-3 more minutes to let the liquid reduce slightly.
- Serve with lemon slices, vinegar, or hot sauce.