Instant Pot Chicken and Wild Rice soup is so easy to make– just dump everything in the Instant Pot and cook– and is so tasty too! The soup is perfect with its rich and creamy broth, fluffy rice, chicken, and vegetables.
- 2/3 cup brown rice
- 1/3 cup wild rice
- 6 cups chicken stock
- 2 cups water
- 2 chicken breasts
- 3 carrots, diced (about 1 heaping cup)
- 1 onion, diced (about 1 cup)
- 2 tsp kosher salt
- 2 tsp granulated garlic
- 1 tbsp dried parsley
- 1 tbsp dried marjoram
- 1/2 cup heavy cream
- 3 tbsp cornstarch
- Combine all the ingredients in the Instant Pot, except the heavy cream and cornstarch. Place the lid on the Instant Pot, turn the valve to sealing, and set the cook time for 20 minutes.
- When the cook time is complete, let the pressure naturally release for 10 minutes before manually releasing the remaining pressure.
- Remove the chicken from the pot and shred. Return the shredded chicken to the soup. Mix together the cream and cornstarch, add to the soup, and turn the Instant Pot on to Sauté for 5 minutes.
- Turn the Instant Pot off when the soup has thickened slightly and the broth is creamy. Serve immediately, but be careful– the soup is HOT!
To prep ahead and freeze, simply combine all the ingredients in a freezer bag (except the cream and cornstarch), and freeze. You can cook from frozen, just plan for the soup to take longer to come to pressure. Proceed with the recipe as it’s written.