Rich, chocolate brownies with a hint of coconut and swirls of almond butter. Conveniently and easily cooked in your Instant Pot.
- 1 C almonds
- 1/2 C granulated sugar
- 1/3 C cocoa powder
- 1/3 C unsweetened shredded coconut
- 1/4 C arrowroot powder
- 1/4 C coconut oil, melted
- 1/4 C brewed coffee
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1 egg
- Combine the sugar, cocoa powder, shredded coconut, and arrowroot powder in a medium mixing bowl and mix with a whisk.
- In a food processor, chop the almonds until they are broken up and resemble coarse sand (you just made almond meal). Use ¾ C of the almond meal and stir into the bowl of dry ingredients.
- Make a well in the center of the dry ingredients, and pour in the oil, coffee, vanilla, and egg. Whisk and then stir with a spatula until no dry streaks remain.
- Add a tablespoon of coconut oil to the remaining almonds in the food processor, and then continue to process until you have almond butter.
- Grease a 7″ springform pan with a teaspoon of coconut oil on the bottom and the sides. Pour the brownie batter into the pan. Dollop the almond butter onto the batter and swirl with a spatula.
- Cover the springform pan with a piece of foil. In your Instant Pot, pour in 2 cups of water, and then place in a trivet. Set the springform pan on the trivet, cover the Instant Pot with the lid, and cook the brownies for 35 minutes on high pressure.
- Quick release the pressure. Carefully take the springform pan from the Instant Pot, remove the foil, release the sides from the springform pan, and let the brownies cool for 5 minutes. After 5 minutes, slide a knife under the brownies to transfer them to a serving plate or cutting board.
- Slice into individual servings and serve.