A delicious, healthier twist on Instant Pot brownies! Rich, chocolate brownies with a hint of coconut and swirls of almond butter. Conveniently and easily cooked in your Instant Pot.
The links below may be affiliate links, meaning I earn a small compensation at no extra cost to you. See my full disclosure policy here.
Happy New Year!
I don’t know about you, but after December’s gluttony, I am ready to get back to better eating habits. Besides all the frosted tea cakes and fudge bites I ate, I spent twelve days at the hospital drinking too many sodas, and eating too much take-out. (Though take-out was certainly better than the alternative hospital food).
My husband and I had a chat over the weekend about trying to curb the bad habits we’ve developed in order to return to a better diet and overall health. You likely have had similar discussions. ‘Tis the season.
This introduction may seem odd since this recipe is about brownies, but for me, healthy eating does not have to mean no treats whatsoever. It just means making better decisions about ingredients and using a little self-control when it comes to portion sizes.
These brownies are an Instant Pot makeover of another recipe already on the blog. So if you don’t currently own an Instant Pot, you can make an oven version too. The only significant change was that I reduced the sugar even more.
You won’t notice that these brownies are low in sugar, though. They are fudgy and rich with a hint of coconut flavor and swirls of almond butter mixed throughout the top. They also happen to be gluten and dairy free.
The recipe starts with a cup of whole almonds that you chop into almond meal, and then further blend a portion into almond butter. I use my food processor for this, but if you don’t have a food processor, you could use a different food chopper or high-powered blender.
The brownies are cooked in a springform pan in the Instant Pot. If you have been on the fence about investing in a springform pan, then maybe this will be the recipe that convinces you it’s worth it. After you make these, you can also make apple brownies, pesto strata, lasagna, and of course, cheesecake.
I hope your new year is full of joy, love, and a healthy bit of chocolate!
Instant Pot Almond Joy Brownies
Supplies needed >>>
Food processor or similar tool to chop/blend almonds
Watch how to make them >>>Print
Rich, chocolate brownies with a hint of coconut and swirls of almond butter. Conveniently and easily cooked in your Instant Pot.
- 1 C almonds
- 1/2 C granulated sugar
- 1/3 C cocoa powder
- 1/3 C unsweetened shredded coconut
- 1/4 C arrowroot powder
- 1/4 C coconut oil, melted
- 1/4 C brewed coffee
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1 egg
- Combine the sugar, cocoa powder, shredded coconut, and arrowroot powder in a medium mixing bowl and mix with a whisk.
- In a food processor, chop the almonds until they are broken up and resemble coarse sand (you just made almond meal). Use ¾ C of the almond meal and stir into the bowl of dry ingredients.
- Make a well in the center of the dry ingredients, and pour in the oil, coffee, vanilla, and egg. Whisk and then stir with a spatula until no dry streaks remain.
- Add a tablespoon of coconut oil to the remaining almonds in the food processor, and then continue to process until you have almond butter.
- Grease a 7″ springform pan with a teaspoon of coconut oil on the bottom and the sides. Pour the brownie batter into the pan. Dollop the almond butter onto the batter and swirl with a spatula.
- Cover the springform pan with a piece of foil. In your Instant Pot, pour in 2 cups of water, and then place in a trivet. Set the springform pan on the trivet, cover the Instant Pot with the lid, and cook the brownies for 35 minutes on high pressure.
- Quick release the pressure. Carefully take the springform pan from the Instant Pot, remove the foil, release the sides from the springform pan, and let the brownies cool for 5 minutes. After 5 minutes, slide a knife under the brownies to transfer them to a serving plate or cutting board.
- Slice into individual servings and serve.
Sharing is caring! Help support this blog by pinning and sharing. Thank you!
Want more Instant Pot recipes and tips???
Click here for more Instant Pot recipes.
Find the Video Recipe Index here.
Sign up for the weekly newsletter to get new recipes, DIY projects, and encouragement right in your inbox!
Follow This Pilgrim Life on Facebook to see new recipes and to catch all the live Instant Pot cooking videos!