Homemade apple cider is so easy to make in a Vitamix! We love it cold or warmed up with fresh whipped cream! The pulp can also be added to homemade applesauce, or used to make apple hand pies.
- 4–5 lbs apples of different varieties*
- 1 cup of water
- Pour one cup of water in the Vitamix. Peel, core, and slice the apples. Add the prepared apples to the Vitamix container until the container is full.
- Blend the apples on high until they are completely smooth. Strain the blended apples through a wire strainer, reserving the pulp**.
- Serve the cider warm or chilled. Store the extra cider in the refrigerator for a week, or freeze.
* When I asked years ago at an apple orchard about what apples were best for making cider, the orchard owners answered that using a variety of apples is best. I typically use 3-4 types, two with a stronger flavor, and one or two with a more mild flavor.
**You can add the pulp to applesauce, muffins, or smoothies. Or (my favorite) add a little sugar and spice use it as a filling for hand pies.