This upside down peach cake is AMAZING! Naturally sweetened, no oils or butter, and made in the pressure cooker to give it extra richness and moistness.
- 1 C flour
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp ground nutmeg
- 1/3 C applesauce
- 1/3 C maple syrup + 1/4 C for topping
- 1/3 C plain Greek yogurt
- 1 egg
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1/2 C sliced almonds
- 1 ripe peach, sliced thin
1. Heat the Instant Pot on Sauté (medium heat). Pour in 1/4 C maple syrup and heat until it bubbles and thickens slightly, about 3 minutes. Remove from heat and set aside.
2. Combine the dry ingredients (flour through nutmeg) in a mixing bowl. Combine the wet ingredients (applesauce through vanilla) in a large measuring cup. Stir each to mix well. Pour the wet ingredients into the dry ingredients and stir with a spatula or wooden spoon until smooth.
3. Grease a 7″ bundt pan with butter or oil. Place sliced peaches in an overlapping spiral pattern on the bottom of the pan. Pour half of the thickened maple syrup over the peaches. Pour in the cake batter and smooth the top with the spatula/spoon. Evenly distribute the sliced almonds around the top of the cake batter, then pour the rest of the thickened maple syrup over the almonds.
4. Wipe the Instant Pot pot clean, place a trivet at the bottom, and pour in 1 1/2 cups of water. Cover the bundt pan with foil and carefully set it on the trivet inside the Instant Pot. Cover and cook on high pressure for 18 minutes. Let the Instant Pot naturally release the pressure for 10 minutes, then manually release the remaining pressure.
5. Remove the cake from the Instant Pot using a potholder or dishtowel. Remove the foil. Gently press down on the top of the cake to flatten, being careful not to shift the almonds. Transfer the cake to a plate and serve. (Optional: Serve with fresh whipped cream or yogurt drizzled with honey).